Security Data error, please shut down and contact the Operator!

Guest _melchett

Guest _melchett

I get the above error when i turn on the phone. I received the phone, turned it on, found it didn't run the standard start up splash (ie the green android guy at the first start up) and the phone would not connect to a network. So i tried a factory reset and i get this error when i turn on the phone and the T mobile spalsh, android screen, then the tmobile screen with spinning circle appear. The only option is a power off button that appears - no other buttons work. Any ideas/advice (other than the on screen one to contact the operator?)

if you havent done anything with it yet. best thing is to go to teh shop and heve them take a look . migth be easyer and faster then figuring it out yourself. to me it seems like somethign isnt installed properly .

Guest _melchett

Thanks for your responses, unfortunately it did mean involving T-Mobile customer care. Went to the nearest shop and they said as it was a web order they couldn't do anything. They told me to ring customer services and spent 30 mins on the phone, 25 mins talking to someone who repeatedly told me to connect it to the internet - they didn't seem to understand that it can't even connect to the cell network, anyway after that ordeal finally got throught to someone whose arranged a replacement on Tuesday. Hopefully that will work and will be able to get it unlocked before xmas.

• 10 months later...

From the looks of it this seems a bit bad since this is the only topic I found by googling this problem, and here and the only solution so far is to get a replacement phone :S

So as you might guess, I`ve got the same problem; When I boot my Pulse it starts up nicely until the point when I normally would enter my pin --> instead the pin code screen, it gives me the message "Security data error! Please shut down and contact operator!"

This occured after I had got too irritated with my pulse shutting down spontaneously with the 2.1 android, and decided to get back to the "good ol´" 1.6. So I did the update normally, taking the dload file from the t-mobile site and when I booted the phone this problem came up.

Please tell me you have some kind of solution that doas not include a replacement phone, because you see I´m Finnish and I believe the warranty is not valid here outside the UK.