New Question - Why Root a Pulse?

Guest dundee18

Guest dundee18

Hi Sorry for the simple question. I guess it is all said in the topic title. I am seriously thinking about buying the Pulse on payg but am new to the whole android experience. I have read a lot about rooting the phone but I don't understand much about it. What is it andwhy would you want to do it? Any aswers and advice or pointers to look elsewhere would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dundee18

Guest bounty123

Rooting means to gain root (=administrator, instead of user) rights to the operating system, which means you can access all files, functions, you can execute more commands. You can remount system partitions in read-write mode to alter their contents. There are many useful programs that run only with root permissions, like backup programs, screenshot apps, the great apps2sd (=installing apps to the sd card) functionality etc.

But it's greater responsibility as well, you can really screw up your system for example by deleting important system files. However, you can always restore your earlier backups, so bricking your android phone is not that easy really ;)

Edited by bounty123