Original Untouched ROM WIndows Mobile 6.5.3 for Omnia i900

Guest ...GeForce...

Guest ...GeForce...

Everybody, please post the original untouched/modded/litened or modified in any other way a copy of WinMo 6.5.3 which is fully compatible with the Samsung Omnia i900. WOuld appreciate it gr8ly

Guest cruddasj
Everybody, please post the original untouched/modded/litened or modified in any other way a copy of WinMo 6.5.3 which is fully compatible with the Samsung Omnia i900. WOuld appreciate it gr8ly

Hey there. You may be interested in my blue and true rom. It is a version 6.5.3 and is basically just the windows platform with smart reader and fm radio still in. I have added the black samsung keyboard but that is about it. Check the ro, dev thread ;)

Guest ...GeForce...
Hey there. You may be interested in my blue and true rom. It is a version 6.5.3 and is basically just the windows platform with smart reader and fm radio still in. I have added the black samsung keyboard but that is about it. Check the ro, dev thread ;)

Basically, I need a ROm in which no feature has already been deleted....most roms out there have several features out

Guest ...GeForce...
well it's possible, but it kinda takes the joy out of a custom ROM ;)

the reason is that i bought my omnia for 400 pounds and will not be buyin another winmo phone for a long time....so i wanted to avoid bricking and modded f/w

Guest MAMBO04

ah right okay, well one thing i can say is that the chance of you bricking your Omnia is 0000000.1% out of 100 ;)

Trust me, i've flashed my phone about 200+ times and nothing has happened to it. Even disrupted the transfers a couple of times, but still it lives on ;)

I can make a clean ROM without anything, but won't be today, probably tomorrow or so. But still, i would still say that you should check out the other ROMs here, they are pretty good ;)

Guest ...GeForce...
ah right okay, well one thing i can say is that the chance of you bricking your Omnia is 0000000.1% out of 100 ;)

Trust me, i've flashed my phone about 200+ times and nothing has happened to it. Even disrupted the transfers a couple of times, but still it lives on ;)

I can make a clean ROM without anything, but won't be today, probably tomorrow or so. But still, i would still say that you should check out the other ROMs here, they are pretty good ;)

Can u suggest a few good(and tested) roms?

One more thing, mine is French runs a french sfr firmware with following details

pda: i900Xhhh2/aehh2

telephone: i900USTII

SO i wil have to also conform that these custom roms will be english(plzzzz,sick of frickin french ;) )and fully compatible

Guest MAMBO04

well i'm releasing my M2D ROM and Titanium ROM later, you could try those if you want.

Or try Nicklashidegard's ROM's, you can see they are good by the amount of people commenting in his thread ;)

Try cruddasj's and Brunos ones (in our DEV thread), they are good too, or Ryrzy's, dheewatara's and Sector's (qbus thread)

Kaunchai has good ROM's too but sadly he doesn't make them anymore along with Sector.

All ROM's are english and of course they are fully compatible ;) Also, Ock and Steff have good ROM's, check them out!

Seriously tho, i can't choose the ROM for you, you'll have to choose it yourself! ;)

You may want to upgrade your phone part to DXID1, it's better. But don't do that yet, as if you rush into that you can brick your phone, so just use the custom ROM's for now ;)

If you need any help, PM me.

Guest ...GeForce...
well i'm releasing my M2D ROM and Titanium ROM later, you could try those if you want.

Or try Nicklashidegard's ROM's, you can see they are good by the amount of people commenting in his thread ;)

Try cruddasj's and Brunos ones (in our DEV thread), they are good too, or Ryrzy's, dheewatara's and Sector's (qbus thread)

Kaunchai has good ROM's too but sadly he doesn't make them anymore along with Sector.

All ROM's are english and of course they are fully compatible ;) Also, Ock and Steff have good ROM's, check them out!

Seriously tho, i can't choose the ROM for you, you'll have to choose it yourself! ;)

You may want to upgrade your phone part to DXID1, it's better. But don't do that yet, as if you rush into that you can brick your phone, so just use the custom ROM's for now ;)

If you need any help, PM me.

can i directly install a winmo 6.5.3 custom rom on winmo 6.1(default in every omnia)?

Guest MAMBO04

winmo 6.1 is gone when you flash to 6.5.3. It doesn't exist anymore once you've flashed to another ROM

of course you can always flash back to 6.1

you'll need to flash your omnia thu XP btw

Guest ...GeForce...
winmo 6.1 is gone when you flash to 6.5.3. It doesn't exist anymore once you've flashed to another ROM

of course you can always flash back to 6.1

you'll need to flash your omnia thu XP btw

In the mean time, i tried a couple or cooked roms. I dont get this. The default things that they remove, what do they do instead like blazingwolf removed the phonebook and the dialer in his BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final, 23064 SYS and XIP Neo Titanium. What do they do for calling and searching contacts???

Edited by ...GeForce...

Guest ...GeForce...
DUDE do NOT flash i910 ROMs!

they aren't for your phone! so don't flash wolfs ROM

i'm not sure what you just asked either, what do you mean?

gotcha point

i was asking this. If the dialer and phonebook components of the OS are removed(for whateva reasons),how do we dial or search contacts?

Guest MAMBO04

ah right ok, i get you ;)

The stock Samsung dialer (which comes with 6.1) is removed, and wm6.5 already has a built in dialer, plus you can get dialer skins, so i wouldn't worry about that

you can still dial and search for contacts, blazingwolf meant he removed the old dialer and phonebook

wm6.5 already has a dialer and phonebook, plus some roms have omnialite phonebook and dialer cooked in. Mine do, but the omnialite dialer in mine is a skin, so you can enable it or disable it ;)

Guest ...GeForce...
ah right ok, i get you ;)

The stock Samsung dialer (which comes with 6.1) is removed, and wm6.5 already has a built in dialer, plus you can get dialer skins, so i wouldn't worry about that

you can still dial and search for contacts, blazingwolf meant he removed the old dialer and phonebook

wm6.5 already has a dialer and phonebook, plus some roms have omnialite phonebook and dialer cooked in. Mine do, but the omnialite dialer in mine is a skin, so you can enable it or disable it ;)

You still can install/uninstall any software installed by the modder,right?

Can you change the themes to a colour meter sort-of thing like in WinMo6.1 and install other custom themes or SPB Mobile SHell?

Whats the difference between the normal versions and lite and ultralite versions of the same rom?

Edited by ...GeForce...

Guest MAMBO04

You cannot uninstall ANY software that is cooked in, cooked in means it's in their permanently. You can install soft tho.

you can still change themes, you can get really nice themes for wm6.5. Yes that can be done too, all apps work with 6.5

Normal version has some stuff kept in, certain apps etc, lite is when some apps have been removed, and ultralite is when everything except the interface has been removed.

Guest ...GeForce...

ok,all this time i have been searching and looking at various custom roms and have arrived at the conclusion that the only(and the best) way to upgrade your phone should be through a clean original rom cuz then you wont have to be stuck with useless software by the modder, take the (even if slight but still)chance of bricking the phone. As far as softwares are concerned, im sure google can find them.

Ok, i have an open request. Can anyone please make a simple WinMo 6.5.3 ROM which has all Samsung and the default Omnia features and no other modifications?

I am confident that numerous PDA users will appreciate that.

Thanks in advance and to MAMBO04 for guiding me throughout these few hours, thank you very much

Edited by ...GeForce...

I've been searching for original WinMo 6.5 that can be flashed using Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried several cooked ROMs using XP mode with no success. Do share if you got one. Thanks!

Edited by sonora

Guest ...GeForce...
Like thread starter, I also been searching for original WinMo 6.5 that can be flashed using Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried several cooked ROMs using XP mode with no success. Do share if you got one. Thanks!

As far as flashing is concerned, try the VMware method. Using a virtual machine, you can go into Xp with your WIN7 intact and run the flashing.

You can find a tutorial by sector, i think right here. I have XP

As far as flashing is concerned, try the VMware method. Using a virtual machine, you can go into Xp with your WIN7 intact and run the flashing.

You can find a tutorial by sector, i think right here. I have XP

Is the VMware the same thing as this http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

I have installed Windows XP Mode on my Windows 7 64-bit bit machine to flash some ROMS with no success so far.

Edited by sonora

Guest calculito
ok,all this time i have been searching and looking at various custom roms and have arrived at the conclusion that the only(and the best) way to upgrade your phone should be through a clean original rom cuz then you wont have to be stuck with useless software by the modder, take the (even if slight but still)chance of bricking the phone. As far as softwares are concerned, im sure google can find them.

Ok, i have an open request. Can anyone please make a simple WinMo 6.5.3 ROM which has all Samsung and the default Omnia features and no other modifications?

Thanks in advance and to MAMBO04 for guiding me throughout these few hours, thank you very much

PLEASE DON'T SCREAM ANYMORE!

Guest cruddasj

Using big font capital letters is like shouting, and it wont get you anywhere on on this forum (except maybe kicked out)

I can make a ROM that has all of the samsung apps in, but if you read up about it you will see that they are not all compatible. The dialler for instance has a scroll bar because it has to cater for the new taskbar in 6.5.3, as well as many other programs that wont fit. Also, the ROM will be slow and run like crap, thats why people strip roms. It more than likely you are going to get the 'memory levels critical' aswell as the default taskmanager doesnt close programs it only minimizes them.

When you write that upgrading a clean rom has less chance of bricking i think you have misunderstood. When someone says an original ROM they mean one that was produced by samsung. Any 6.5.3 rom will not be an original. It does not matter how much stuff a chef puts in or not. The chances of bricking your phone will be exactly the same because all 6.5.3 roms are custom roms. I made true and blue because you can easily put the samsung parts back in using cabs. Not everyone likes the samsung apps so it is optional, rather than having the rom bogged down with bloat.

Yes, chefs put software in that your sure 'google could find them' but then these answers are well known to anyone and im sure if youd taken some time and to gather your facts, google could have found them too. If you still dont understand the difference between an original and custom rom, i would reccomend that you do not flash your phone.

Guest soopahfly

I'd disagree.

I've flashed hundreds of HTC Windows mobile phones without problems.

I go to update the wife's Omnia with the official tools and it bricks.

Needed a new mainboard from Samsung.

... useless software by the modder, take the (even if slight but still)chance of bricking the phone...

Don't worry! As far as software is concerned, you have the same chance of bricking the phone as with an original ROM. It's not the software that bricks the phone, It's the flashing (if it goes wrong)! So, if you don't want to take the chance of bricking your phone, you shouldn't flash at all! Doesn't matter which ROM you flash or what software it has cooked in, you always risk bricking your phone! Even with an untouched ROM.

Guest cruddasj

Hey soophafly. Sorry to hear the phone bricked ;) There are some things that can make a difference, however if the official one had bricked it, i believe you can claim warranty. In my opinion, flashing is relatively safe. But there is always that small chance that you can brick the phone, especially if you are using a custom rom without the adequate drivers installed. If you ever consider flashing the phone again, PM me if you have any questions at all. I can guide you through if needed to make sure that another one doesnt bite the dust ;)