HELP A NOOBIE:d

Guest h3dshot

Guest andy-andy
And the final problem I have : how to add words to the dictionary ^-^

Edit Android's custom dictionary to include your name and other proper nouns. That way, they'll pop up in the auto-complete list as you type. Look under Language and keyboard settings in System Settings to get started.

Want to use your own MP3 files as ringtones? No problem: Make a new folder on your memory card and name it ringtones. Copy your MP3s there, and they will automatically show up in your selection list. Folders called alarms or notifications will do the same thing for those respective functions.

Guest h3dshot
Edit Android's custom dictionary to include your name and other proper nouns. That way, they'll pop up in the auto-complete list as you type. Look under Language and keyboard settings in System Settings to get started.

Want to use your own MP3 files as ringtones? No problem: Make a new folder on your memory card and name it ringtones. Copy your MP3s there, and they will automatically show up in your selection list. Folders called alarms or notifications will do the same thing for those respective functions.

It seems that you cannot add your own words as I went into the language settings as you described above but couldn't find any option to add words , perhaps you could give me a step by step guide on doing so?

and also , I have my own mp3 set as my ring tone but don't know how to set one for my message alert , a guide would be appreciated here too

Thanks

Guest le_lutin
It seems that you cannot add your own words as I went into the language settings as you described above but couldn't find any option to add words , perhaps you could give me a step by step guide on doing so?

and also , I have my own mp3 set as my ring tone but don't know how to set one for my message alert , a guide would be appreciated here too

Thanks

Right, just did a test. The words are added automatically when you type them out for the first time letter for letter. 

Example: type the word "abcxyz" letter for letter. Then go to type it again and it will be in the list of possibilities before you finish typing the whole word.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I did the above test using the qwerty keyboard.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest h3dshot
Right, just did a test. The words are added automatically when you type them out for the first time letter for letter. 

Example: type the word "abcxyz" letter for letter. Then go to type it again and it will be in the list of possibilities before you finish typing the whole word.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I did the above test using the qwerty keyboard.

Ye the letter by letter method works, thanks alot.