Buying the new HTC Hero

Guest cortiis

Guest cortiis

Hi All,

I am planning upgrade from my E61i to HTC Hero. Guess its time to change. My question is where to buy it from. I live in India and the HTC hero is available here. I am travelling to the US and UK in the next 15 days. From where should I buy the Hero to get the maximum out of it.

1 )I would like to buy it from India but some people told me that with the Indian version you dont have the Android market and some other applications installed and there might be some restrictions.

2) Is it so?

3) In that case is it possible to install them later?

4) If I buy it from India, will I be able to install all the ROMS and eclair version of Android.

5) I need an advice to make a buying decision. It would be really helpful if someone here having information about these issue come to my rescue.

Thanks

Edited by cortiis

Guest Parano!d

in India it would come branded with Airtel,possibility some features may b limited

but u can get it unlocked imo,

i live in india too,i got my hero unbranded from orange(uk) the seller unlocked it & sold..

i've been using every feature of hero & installing roms to my likes (custom ones,modaco rom the best)

so imo it doest make any difference...

The technology used by phone companies in the US is different to Europe and elsewhere, an EU bought 3G phone will not be able to use US 3G networks, and vice versa - if you don't live in America don't touch a US handset.

AFAIK with an indian handset you'd just debrand it and install MoDaCo custom rom and market will appear, or install market enabler, you main prob is where you buy vs where you use the hand set.

• 1 month later...