I got a HK ROM - Acer Liquid 1.001.05_AAP_CSL (need help to extract it and share)

Guest Ricky Lui

Guest Ricky Lui

Hi everyone here ;)

I would like to contribute some to this forum with my Liquid.

It's shipped with a Hong Kong ROM (with vendor apps from CSL telecomm and with Chinese handwriting input) and I would like to share it. However I have no clues to do so. ;)

Here are the details of the ROM.

Baseband version : A1-01.01.01

Kernel version : 2.6.29

Build number : Acer_Liquid_1.001.05_AAP_CSL

I am willing to share it but need some guides in extracting the ROM.

If anyone knows, please update me.

thanks.

Hi everyone here ;)

I would like to contribute some to this forum with my Liquid.

It's shipped with a Hong Kong ROM (with vendor apps from CSL telecomm and with Chinese handwriting input) and I would like to share it. However I have no clues to do so. ;)

Here are the details of the ROM.

Baseband version : A1-01.01.01

Kernel version : 2.6.29

Build number : Acer_Liquid_1.001.05_AAP_CSL

I am willing to share it but need some guides in extracting the ROM.

If anyone knows, please update me.

thanks.

well try to flash it to yr device..

while it flashes, the downloader itself extracts all the contents to sdcappz folder at the same place where bin file exisits ;)

Guest Ricky Lui
Unfortunately you can't extract it currently until you superboot, which is untested on your ROM...

P

Thanks Newbie.

But actually, I am the Newbie instead. I am totally zero with Android phone's structure. ;)

Thanks Paul for the reminder.

So simply speaking, there is noway to extract my stock ROM without Superboot (rooted) it first?

If you can give me clear step by step tutorial, I may check and consider......

Hi Weasley, I would like to help you. But seems rooting my device is at a very high risk at the moment.

Is there anyway that I can extract the Chinese Input Apps only for with the help of other app? If there are alternatives, I will do it and share.

Anyway, thanks for all the opinions.

Guest Ricky Lui
Ricky, if you connect via ADB and do 'adb shell reboot recovery' does that work?

P

Hi Paul, as I said, I am totally newbie to Android.

What is ADB and could you explain clearly how to do that so I can try?

Thanks mate.

Guest Simon_Chan

I also have this firmware but I am experiencing a problem whenever I change the ringtone / notification sounds. Once I change from the default sounds and save, I wll get a "Force Close" error message.

Does anyone know how to rectify this problem. I have got this phone 2 days ago with no additional software installed.

Thanks

Guest Ricky Lui
I also have this firmware but I am experiencing a problem whenever I change the ringtone / notification sounds. Once I change from the default sounds and save, I wll get a "Force Close" error message.

Does anyone know how to rectify this problem. I have got this phone 2 days ago with no additional software installed.

Thanks

Hi Simon, I didn't experience this error before.

Have you tried a hard-set on the device?

When the error happened, did the SD card inserted? Have you tried unplug the SD Card and change the ringtone?

Guest Simon_Chan

Thanks for you quick reply. I tried hard reset, inserted a SD card and removed the SD card, it still have the "Force Close" message when I change the ringtone.

If I don't change the ringtone at all, the machine run smoothly. I am lost and out of ideas ;)

• 5 months later...
Guest TheRabbit
wonderswans was kind enough to dump it for me, i'll upload it tomorrow! :)

P

Hi, I also have a liquid with the Acer_Liquid_1.001.05_AAP_CSL rom and was wondering where you uploaded it. I want to keep a backup copy of it in case I want to go back after using the community roms

Thanks!