Social Integration

Guest three_pineapples

Guest three_pineapples

So my liquid arrived today. Very impressed so far.

Has anyone figured out what the social integration does that acer has provided?

My liquid matched my contacts with my facebook contacts, and now i see a field in my contacts with their facebook profile id in, but beyond that i can't figure out what the point of it is. It said something about seeing status updates in contacts i think but i really can't find anything from facebook on the entire phone... Am i suppossed to use it in conjunction with another app? And if so, what benefit was the matching as i could just use that app anyway...

Kinda a bit lost with that ;)

Guest three_pineapples

Ok, so i read the liquid manual, and it says once you do link it to facebook you have to go back to the social networking screen, hit menu, and hit sync. Then you get little facebook people symbols next to contacts ;)

Guest pete.major
Ok, so i read the liquid manual, and it says once you do link it to facebook you have to go back to the social networking screen, hit menu, and hit sync. Then you get little facebook people symbols next to contacts ;)

I found it buggy though... in the end I hard reset my phone to unsync it all.

Every time I synced my contacts with Facebook, it would duplicate the fb id in the contact. Then, after ever status update it would mark updates that i've already read on the phone as new again...

I'm sticking to the FB app in the market.

I found it buggy though... in the end I hard reset my phone to unsync it all.

Every time I synced my contacts with Facebook, it would duplicate the fb id in the contact. Then, after ever status update it would mark updates that i've already read on the phone as new again...

I'm sticking to the FB app in the market.

On 1.004.00 I do not experience this problem.

Had it on 1.001.xx

Matching is made with contact having exactly the same name.

Else, you have to sync Facebook profile with Contact manually.

Also, if profile pic is updated, chinese message appears to notify, instead of local text, meaning "Profile picture updated".

Still, I guess this is only a matter of time to be corrected.

Guest pete.major
Also, if profile pic is updated, chinese message appears to notify

oh yeah, I had that too... didn't figure out what caused it though.

Maybe with the new sync APIs in Android 2.0 this'll be more dependable. Wish they'd just build the facebook stuff right into android. And better instant messaging too!