Roadsync problem after flash to U8230 rom

Guest bas-r

I cannot seem to sync my Exchange email via Roadsync anymore after flashing to the 8230 rom (which is soooo great!!). It worked fine with T-mbile stock and the other MoDaCo roms.

It keeps giving me Http error 400, which is, according to the Roadsync book:

400 Bad Request

Please verify that the correct server name and domain entered in the

RoadSync settings. Also, please verify that the server is Exchange

Server 2003 server (prior server versions will not work with RoadSync

as they do not support ActiveSync). If the server is Exchange Server

2003 and the settings are correct, please try to reset RoadSync from the

Advanced settings.

It happens to be that I'm the Exchange sysadmin at my work, so I know what the settings are, and are definately correct.

I have done a reset through the Advanced settings, but still the same error msg.

I have done a wipe before flashing the Rom and even using a different, wiped sd-card.

What can help me giving me back my work-email?

Edited by bas-r

I cannot seem to sync my Exchange email via Roadsync anymore after flashing to the 8230 rom (which is soooo great!!). It worked fine with T-mbile stock and the other MoDaCo roms.

400 Bad Request

Advanced settings.

It happens to be that I'm the Exchange sysadmin at my work, so I know what the settings are, and are definately correct.

I have done a reset through the Advanced settings, but still the same error msg.

I have done a wipe before flashing the Rom and even using a different, wiped sd-card.

Same error (400) over here. Can't connect to our rpc exchange service since flash U8230 ROM.

Guest helikopter

400 Bad Request

Advanced settings.

it's a known issue. i hope it will get solved by the devs.

Edited by helikopter

it's a known issue. i hope it will get solved by the devs.

I had exactly the same issue, for me reason to stick with the purple Rom. The solution might ve to

pull the Roadsync tool from original Rom and install it on the 8230 Rom? I think I saw the 8230 Rom

had a newer version.

I had exactly the same issue, for me reason to stick with the purple Rom.

I don't give a lot about my work-email, and thgis rom is just so much faster. No crappy magenta rom for me thanks.

I'll pull out the old version out of the original rom, and push it into my new rom. To see if it works.

I don't give a lot about my work-email, and thgis rom is just so much faster. No crappy magenta rom for me thanks.

I'll pull out the old version out of the original rom, and push it into my new rom. To see if it works.

I just tried that. Alas, to no avail.

The problem persisted.

I just tried that. Alas, to no avail.

The problem persisted.

That's crap. Did you check in the 'about'-thingy what version we're talking about? New/old-wise?

Btw, the logs of my Exchange-server show I've connected to it, but then nothing happens.

Maybe it's the same problem I've seen on old Nokia forums, where people could not let Roadsync accept an invalid certificate.

On the other hand, if Everyone suffers from this problem, this cannot be the case, since Someone Must've a valid certificate on their servers?

That's crap. Did you check in the 'about'-thingy what version we're talking about? New/old-wise?

Btw, the logs of my Exchange-server show I've connected to it, but then nothing happens.

Maybe it's the same problem I've seen on old Nokia forums, where people could not let Roadsync accept an invalid certificate.

On the other hand, if Everyone suffers from this problem, this cannot be the case, since Someone Must've a valid certificate on their servers?

That could be it. I know for sure that my companies certificate has expired.

Anyway, for those looking for an alternative: http://www.nexeo.net/?p=93

There's a link on this page to an Exchange Mail app that was released by HTC and works perfectly well on the Pulse.

There's a link on this page to an Exchange Mail app that was released by HTC and works perfectly well on the Pulse.

Great mate! It's working well on my Pulse.

/edit, but only email is supported, no calendar nor contacts. Was using Google's services for that anyway..

Edited by bas-r

Guest helikopter

thanks for that! it works perfectly.

Well it's not only mail, but also contacts and calendar. I am now at MCR 1.4.1 and now I also get HTTP error 400.

Pff this application is essential for me, so it's back to 1.3 for me.

Well it's not only mail, but also contacts and calendar. I am now at MCR 1.4.1 and now I also get HTTP error 400.

Pff this application is essential for me, so it's back to 1.3 for me.

I was talking about the other exchange/activesync app, Work Email from HTC: that only supports email. Roadsync does indeed support Email/Calendar and Contacts. But since I use Google to store my calendar and contatcs, I can do without them in an Enchange app.

Guest whizzy8

I downloaded Root Explorer and ran the removedropbear.sh from /system/bin. The phone rebooted after this and I noticed the ssh password disappear from the model number in About.

I guess using adb shell has the same effect:

$adb shell

#cd /system/bin

#./removedropbear.sh

#reboot

I'm now able to sync with my Exchange server using Roadsync (mail, contacts and calendar all syncing) on this version ;)