December 2009: T-Mobile Pulse software update

Guest apavli

The December update? The 2 files in a folder called dload in the root.

P

So, it's root, then a folder called 'dload' and then the two files? The update I downloaded had allsorts in it.....

Also - should the Pulse be getting gmail pushed to it? My Mother's isn't, and T-Mobile say it doesn't support push. I assumed all Android phones did.

And yes, I'm an Android noob and a bit of an iPhone fanboy :)

Here's the folder structure for what I downloaded the other day (supposedly the December Pulse update)

mac_screenshot.png

I think Macs automatically extract the dload file into its component parts, as its a compressed archive - you need to copy the whole dload folder not the files within it. Not quite sure how you get round it but there was a post by Paul in one of the threads in the Pulse section about this problem, I believe.

I think Macs automatically extract the dload file into its component parts, as its a compressed archive - you need to copy the whole dload folder not the files within it. Not quite sure how you get round it but there was a post by Paul in one of the threads in the Pulse section about this problem, I believe.

Those were the files inside the .zip I downloaded. I'll have another search, cheers :)

Guest gamer9

I need some serious help here - I connect my Pulse to my laptop via the USB cable and mount it. I then copy the dload folder over to the micro sd card and then safely remove the device. I then try to upgrade but the phone cant find the update at all! Where should I be copying the update folder too? Is there a specific folder i should place it in as i dont understand what the hell the root directory is :)

Thx for ur time

Guest xangma

Just installed this update with the custom vanilla ROM and got Apps2sd working. The phone's responsiveness now almost matches an iPhone's. I'm impressed.

Since I downloaded this Dec update on my T-mobile Pulse, I can't access data on network or see any 3G or HSDPA connection. However data on wifi is fine.

I have checked APN settings and those are correct. I have tried resetting, enabling/disabling data connection, enabling/disabling "preferred 3G" settings but none of these tricks worked.

I bought this from T-Mobile as PAYG and running it on T-Mobile's sim only SOLO package and had this phone for almost a month now. Does anyone know if taking it back to T-mobile store any help? I guess if this is PAYG handset they can't do anything.

Before the Dec update, data connection was fine. I am running it on original T-mobile ROM with Dec update. Does anyoone know if "Hard Reset" or Any of these two Customised ROM any good and which one? My phone is still locked on Tmobile.

Thanks for help.

Guest Sengadog
Since I downloaded this Dec update on my T-mobile Pulse, I can't access data on network or see any 3G or HSDPA connection. However data on wifi is fine.

I have checked APN settings and those are correct. I have tried resetting, enabling/disabling data connection, enabling/disabling "preferred 3G" settings but none of these tricks worked.

I bought this from T-Mobile as PAYG and running it on T-Mobile's sim only SOLO package and had this phone for almost a month now. Does anyone know if taking it back to T-mobile store any help? I guess if this is PAYG handset they can't do anything.

Before the Dec update, data connection was fine. I am running it on original T-mobile ROM with Dec update. Does anyoone know if "Hard Reset" or Any of these two Customised ROM any good and which one? My phone is still locked on Tmobile.

Thanks for help.

I would try a gard reset and then apply update again. If you still have problems email customer services who will then phone you back and you can ask them to put you through to tech services.

I would try a gard reset and then apply update again. If you still have problems email customer services who will then phone you back and you can ask them to put you through to tech services.

Thanks, I tried hard reset and it worked...I am new to android and custom ROM thing. Are there any benefits of updating vanilla or MCR 1.6?

M

The December update is released by T-Mobile UK (and in Germany previously I think)...

Can someone confirm that it works for phones not obtained in UK or Germany? (or it doesn't matter :) )

Guest ebbe11
The December update is released by T-Mobile UK (and in Germany previously I think)...

Can someone confirm that it works for phones not obtained in UK or Germany? (or it doesn't matter :) )

Yes it work,I install update yesterday and it work fine,btw. I'm from Croatia