Wi Fi Connection Problems - Pulse

Guest Rob_B

Had the phone a couple of days now and I'm well pleased with it.

3G works fine but I'm having problems connecting wifi.

Pulse shows as connected on both the router and the phone but I get connection errors no matter which app. is trying to connect to the net. Unsecured the router, updated the firmware, tried everything I can think of but no joy.

Anyone got any pointers?

Phone is completely standard t-mobile pulse.

Thanks

Rob

Guest Nikki Locke
3G works fine but I'm having problems connecting wifi.

Pulse shows as connected on both the router and the phone but I get connection errors no matter which app. is trying to connect to the net. Unsecured the router, updated the firmware, tried everything I can think of but no joy.

First thing to find out is whether the problem is with DNS or the connection. Do the following steps in order - stop at the first failure and sort that part out.

1) I assume your router has web management interface - try connecting to that, using the pulse browser - type http://192.168.1.1 (or whatever your router's IP address is) into the browser address bar.

If it connects, and gets the browser's password screen, then WiFi is working. If not, then look into wifi settings to see if you can find the problem.

2) Connect to a website on the net using its IP address (you can find out the IP address using your PC)

If it connects your Internet connection is working, and your problem is with DNS.