2nd Pulse - Much Improved Camera

Guest racingclub

Guest racingclub

just received my 2nd Pulse (cheap £90 one compared to my original £185 one!)

The camera on the new one is so much better....! It's instantly apparent that the old one is different, not sure if its software or hardware related? (The old one is on the U8230 rom, whereas the new one is just straight out of the box).

Can post some comparison pics if you want.

just received my 2nd Pulse (cheap £90 one compared to my original £185 one!)

The camera on the new one is so much better....! It's instantly apparent that the old one is different, not sure if its software or hardware related? (The old one is on the U8230 rom, whereas the new one is just straight out of the box).

Can post some comparison pics if you want.

yes please.Post some comparison pics.

Guest racingclub

ok, will do when I finish my work for today...! ;)

where it does seem very noticeable is when you are taking a picture, on the old pulse it was very easy to see the screen 'lag' as you were taking a shot, a small movement would mean lots and lots of blur (even in reasonably well-lit scenes). On the new pulse I can jiggle the phone as I'm taking the picture and no 'lag', or bluriness.

Almost like the new pulse has a faster lens...

Not sure yet how much this translates into the recorded image.

Edited by racingclub

Guest racingclub

slightly different trackball on my new pulse too - more responsive and a more textured surface, whereas my old one has to be pressed in more while i rolled, and the ball itself is smooth.

Very interesting indeed! Mine is way slow as well... Have to lean against something to keep the phone steady in order not to make the photo look blurry.

Might send mine back to T-Mobile today and see if they send me a newer version. I'm on 8230 as well at the moment, so have to flash back to original version...

They dont have any. The one I ordered on the 3rd is finally showing as back with them (returned due to a hardware fault), and they've no replacement to send me. Getting quite irritated.

Edited by Gisky

I too received a second Pulse (as I was hoping the screen would be better in terms of sensitivity).

I have both phones still in my possession. The first photo is on the 8230 custom rom and the second is on the original T-mobile rom.

In my opinion the camera is equally crap with both firmwares, with serious blurring. If racingclub's camera is so much better perhaps it is a hardware issue.

post-25235-1261147414_thumb.jpg

post-25235-1261147502_thumb.jpg

I too received a second Pulse (as I was hoping the screen would be better in terms of sensitivity).

I have both phones still in my possession. The first photo is on the 8230 custom rom and the second is on the original T-mobile rom.

In my opinion the camera is equally crap with both firmwares, with serious blurring. If racingclub's camera is so much better perhaps it is a hardware issue.

Are you able to compare the build/serial numbers of the two phones - might give a better idea of which hardware batch they have both come from, and compare that to racingclubs improved handset?

good point timelord - mine both have identical build machine IDs and dates:

ID: 1007000 v0

Date: Sep 10, 2009, 23:24:35

Serial number: UNKNOWN

Will be annoying if there is a newer build which fixed my issues (screen sensitivity + crap camera/focus).