SD Cards?

Guest GB-UK

Been looking throught the forum as I'm sure I read it somewhere but cannot find it now, but what is the max size of memory card that can be put in the pulse? I'm sure it was 8GB but have also read that it can take a 16GB card, is this true before I rush out and buy one?

Been looking throught the forum as I'm sure I read it somewhere but cannot find it now, but what is the max size of memory card that can be put in the pulse? I'm sure it was 8GB but have also read that it can take a 16GB card, is this true before I rush out and buy one?

I think that class6 cards only go up to 8gb...with slower cards you risk apps2sd not working properly...

Guest Shuflie
I think that class6 cards only go up to 8gb...with slower cards you risk apps2sd not working properly...

Why would a2sd not work with slower cards? surely its just being treated as a linux harddrive for program storage, its not for using as RAM.

Why would a2sd not work with slower cards? surely its just being treated as a linux harddrive for program storage, its not for using as RAM.

some people around here have suggested it...and some people with a2sd are getting errors when trying to install apps from the market...so I would think the smaller chance of errors the better...

Guest Shuflie
some people around here have suggested it...and some people with a2sd are getting errors when trying to install apps from the market...so I would think the smaller chance of errors the better...

I'm using a 6G microsd that I got when the Kaiser came out which I'm pretty sure is a class 2 card without too many problems, I do get the occasional problem with installing programs but a reboot normally fixes that. I have a 512MB EXT4 partition for A2SD to work from which might help I suppose.

with slower cards you risk apps2sd not working properly...

This is nonsens: yes, class 2 cards are slower writing, but are virtually as fast when it comes to reading, and that's the most important when you're running an app from it.

Class 6 cards are only useful when you're using a photo camera and want to quickly shoot lots of pictures: slower cards cannot keep up with the speed.

I have used class 6 cards and am now using a 16gb class 2 card, and no there is no difference in the speed the apps work.

Edited by bas-r

Guest le_lutin
This is nonsens: yes, class 2 cards are slower writing, but are virtually as fast when it comes to reading, and that's the most important when you're running an app from it.

Class 6 cards are only useful when you're using a photo camera and want to shoot lots of pictures in a row: slower cards cannot keep up with the speed.

I have used class 6 cards and am now using a 16gb class 2 card, and no there is no difference in the speed the apps work.

I'm another happy 16gb class 2 user.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest petermgates

I've been running a cheap PNY 16GB class 2 for a week now. A couple of times I haven't been able to install apps but this is fixed by repairing the ext2 partition (using the Amon-Ra bootloader). There haven't been any issues with running apps at all though - once they're on, they run perfectly.

Guest BigBearMDC

Hi guys

I'm using a 16GB Class 4 SDHC Crad with a 512MB ext3 partition for App2SD and its working fine :) (except that i need to repair the ext partition everytime i reboot the phone ;) ).

Greetings,

BigBearMDC