[ROM] O2LITE WM 6.5.3 Edition [SOON]

Guest rodrigofd

Guest Khuanchai
WM 6.5 has always 139.15 MB

but WM 6.1 has always 139.68 MB . ( even I change eboot or Phone )

I saw this one more than a month ago. I think you know about it. ;)

RFD, Sorry I forgot to tell that I'm using WM 6.1 so it has 139.68 MB.

Guest darkworldzz

lol.. i suspect it to be a industrial gimmick by samsung..

claiming it to have 256 mb ram while the hardware only has like 150mb...

then 'reserving' the ram for dunno what stuff...

hence we are left wif 139mb remaining....

of course i am just kidding.. ;)

lol.. i suspect it to be a industrial gimmick by samsung..

claiming it to have 256 mb ram while the hardware only has like 150mb...

then 'reserving' the ram for dunno what stuff...

hence we are left wif 139mb remaining....

of course i am just kidding.. ;)

well, that might be true. all we wanna know is where the hack is that 256MB ?! Samsung need to give us a hellova explaination.

Guest rodrigofd
mayb its time to send some email to Samsung ;)

Well, if that is the case, we have a point in requesting from Samsung this information, which is a commercial-marketing issue since product is published with a 256-mb RAM statement, and the OS informs half of it...

I don't quite think the hardware itself has much less than 256 in reality, BUT they response might point us to right direction in what for is being reserved ;)

Guest hangman11

i think some of the members here actually sent emails to samsung regarding this, however samsung gave only very general replies like it is used for the OS or something.. but you can try again, maybe this time directly to the technical team.

Hee all, don't be too harsh on Samsung. Our Touch HD with MIRI's 6.5.x Lite has 288MB RAM, 186 MB indicated free RAM and 130 indicated available.

So Touch HD: 288->186->130

Omnia2: 256->138->71

So, they might be able to find 20 MB maybe, but it's not as dramatic as you think..

Guest forelli
First Omnia 2 I8000 Custom ROM With Windows Mobile 6.5.3 on the works!! ;) ;)

Stay tuned ;)

Now hope is in sight again! I guess I won't sell my I8000 taht soon :P ! Waiting for your rom like the Messiah! ;)

Thanks for sharing the news

i read win 6.5.3 still beta and not stable

is that true ?

i would say its more like an unofficial update ;) and there have beed numerous customs roms for ex. i900 that are much, much faster then any 6.1 or 6.5 and nobody compained about stability, i think that only issue worth mentioning is app compatibility with modified GUI (the bottom taskar) some older software could have problems with it, but i only run in to maybe 2-3 programs from about 100 tested which had that issue, so its not that big deal

Edited by sesser

Guest drcarlos
Well, it 'kind of' works... but, sadly we still have very little ram to play with ;) ..... i might get some help from an indian pal, maybe he can drop me a clue in why the hell samsung reserved 130 mb of ram memory for our phones .....

About to collect my Omnia 2 tomorrow, might put a 6.5.3 ROM on it but it's this memory thing that got me thinking. I read that the O2 has a 3d accelerator built in, like the iphone. This 130mb of memory could be reserved in low level (BIOS) just like Intel Chipsets do with graphics memory.

Carl.

Guest ANGEL_666
Well, it 'kind of' works... but, sadly we still have very little ram to play with .....

Hello. I am ported WM 6.5.3 (build 28008) on my device. And i have about 74 Mb free ram after hard reset. Is this not enough? 

post-587572-1261177782_thumb.jpgpost-587572-1261177809_thumb.jpg

Guest Michael Pang
Hello. I am ported WM 6.5.3 (build 28008) on my device. And i have about 74 Mb free ram after hard reset. Is this not enough? 

I think it is enough to me, if there is no memory leak issue.

how can we get this rom?

Guest monyozt

is this rom support english language?

ANGEL_666

just curious . whats is the source of your rom, official omnia 2 or cooked ?

dont u guys get it? its all about show off, dont even bother to ask. wait for RFD ;)

Guest CF Chong

post-587572-1261177782_thumb.jpg

Dear ANGEL_666, could you show this screen instead...

post-60018-1261200684_thumb.jpg

Dear ANGEL_666, could you show this screen instead...

post-60018-1261200684_thumb.jpg

I am sorry, I don't understand what you wanted to achieve by asking for a different screen. Everybody knows that there is an issue with the memory on WM6.5 (and not only). Samsung screen shows total used memory as the sum of reserved and used by processes but as you can see, the orange bar shows used memory only by processes, and that's what is reported by WM when you go to WM settings. So, if it is going to make you happy here is mine.

post-420700-1261203079_thumb.png

Guest CF Chong
I am sorry, I don't understand what you wanted to achieve by asking for a different screen. Everybody knows that there is an issue with the memory on WM6.5 (and not only). Samsung screen shows total used memory as the sum of reserved and used by processes but as you can see, the orange bar shows used memory only by processes, and that's what is reported by WM when you go to WM settings. So, if it is going to make you happy here is mine.

Angel_666 mentioned that he ported WM6.5.3 and like most of the forumers who replied, we are hoping against hope that his rom has more than the 139.15MB. Nothing sinister... ;)

Guest Michael Pang

BTW, is there any memory leak issue in 6.5.3 that same as 6.5?

Angel_666 mentioned that he ported WM6.5.3 and like most of the forumers who replied, we are hoping against hope that his rom has more than the 139.15MB. Nothing sinister... ;)

As you may know I don't know of anybody that managed to reduce Samsung reserved memory. Just porting a new OS won't change it. Porting is only changing XIP part of the ROM and WM system part. And if you look in the files which come in the new sys folder (or even the number of applications offered by Microsoft) with every upgrade of WM you get more "rubbish" that you probably will never use. It's like on the PC every new Windows version is bigger. What you could install before from CD now need a DVD. The same applies to Windows Mobile. So let's hope that there is a chance to increase the free ram... soon. Another thing about WM6.5.3 is that some application are not looking good because of the wider bottom bar, which obstructs part of the application screen (Samsung dialer, Resco Explorer etc). So I don't know what the fuss is about with wanting to upgrade. I only did it because it was a challenge to work out how to port it to Samsung rom but I am not sure if I am going to keep it.

Guest monyozt

wow.. can u share your cooked ROM bro?