Dimming the display

Guest Matt Taylor

Guest Matt Taylor

I wanted to turn off the screen timeout under Settings->Sound & Display->Screen timeout because you can't see any notifications like missed calls etc.

I thought that if I did this the screen would just dim after a period of unuse however I found that it just sits there at full brightness, using up the battery.

Is there some way to keep the display on but have it dim automatically?

If there isn't I was thinking about placing a shortcut to the Settings->Sound & Display->Brightness function on my homepage so I could quickly set it myself but it seems you can't do that either or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I wanted to turn off the screen timeout under Settings->Sound & Display->Screen timeout because you can't see any notifications like missed calls etc.

I thought that if I did this the screen would just dim after a period of unuse however I found that it just sits there at full brightness, using up the battery.

Is there some way to keep the display on but have it dim automatically?

If there isn't I was thinking about placing a shortcut to the Settings->Sound & Display->Brightness function on my homepage so I could quickly set it myself but it seems you can't do that either or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I think quickprofiles on the market lets you define different levels of brightness for different situations, not sure it will do exactly wat you want though.

Guest Spook Tooth

I'm using the 'Brightness Level' widget by Curvefish. It's right at the top (practically) of the popular TOOLS apps on Android Market so shouldn't be too hard to find. You can stick it on the desktop and select from 0, 25, 50, 75 or 100% brightness levels or choose the slider option instead. Should also add it's free.

EDIT - Sorry I didn't read your post correctly. KeepScreen by Thlbaut Nlcolas might be a better bet. Also free, it can be configured to block screen timeouts for specific applications.

Edited by Spook Tooth

Guest Spook Tooth

There's another app I just this minute came across called Toggle Screen Timeout by cfl (in tools section), says you can switch timeout off etc. Only 11.05KB too, so perhaps a nice neat solution for those who need to ensure their phone stays responsive whilst using maps etc?