Can't see AdHoc Wifi networks

Guest SSH

My Pulse can only seem to see Access Point wifi networks in its scan and never any AdHoc, no matter if they are open or WEP or WPA. Is this normal? Is this a Pulse or Android problem?

Guest David Mc0
My Pulse can only seem to see Access Point wifi networks in its scan and never any AdHoc, no matter if they are open or WEP or WPA. Is this normal? Is this a Pulse or Android problem?

Mine is the same - don't have a solution, but can't use it with ad-hoc networks I've tried. Hope there's a solution!

Mine is the same - don't have a solution, but can't use it with ad-hoc networks I've tried. Hope there's a solution!

I should clarify why I need this: network coverage in my office is terrible (too far from any windows ;) ) but I can use my computer's wired connection and share/connect to it via adhoc wireless on my Ipod Touch. However, the Pulse just doesn't see the adhoc network. Similarly, many hotels and airports have free wired network conenctions but you have to pay for wireless so this would be handy there. Of course, I don't care about the actual connection method, so if something similar can be done via USB or Bluetooth (effectively a reverse-tether) then that would be fine too.