SmartNES : a NES emulator

Guest zizione

Yes it does... I Found it faster than GDI !

It had problems fitting the original 240 pixels width into 160. What I do is suppress one pixel each 3 pixels. On games like arkanoid it does not render as nice as I wish. I'd like to find a quick resizer that gives better results...

I don't know if this is related to what you did dropping pixels, but some games do come out wrong. With Galaxian you sometimes cannot see the bullets going up or down. On Bart Simpson vs. The World, it is difficult to read the text as some of the verticals are missing.

How difficult would it be to turn in emulator on its side to work in landscape mode like the ScummVM emulator.

Great work though and response speed is much better than the gameboy emulator for equivalent games.

I have Ghost and Goblins for both and the NES one runs much quicker. Unfortunately, due to the increase speed and the key mapping, playing it is almost impossible, though that might be because I am not very good.

Unfortunately it is a problem with games that uses a larger screen than the one on the SPV

there is no way you can size the screen down AND keep all information

i tried Final Fantasy on my Nes port and its almost impossible to read the text because of this :-(

Guest tomdbomb61

got the nes emulator working first time and am playing around with mario bros.3, however i am wondering why a game with superior graphics, such as enis addict plays perfectly smoothley, where as my mario brothers a very glitchy? any particualr reason is it to do with the emulator? or the spv?

cheers

I can't tell you how much I love the emulators... Finally I can play Garfield on my phone (the Atari version basically sucked)

Luv you emulator-guys...

Oh yeah... Almost forgot...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Guest crimminsky
nop doesnt work

1, i created the folder

2, i placed smartnes in it

3, rightclicked create shortcut

4,copied shortcut, then went to ipsm/windows/startmenu/games and paste shortcut in there

5, then placed roms into the original folder in storage card

the roms im using are starwars,mb3,mortal kombat, golf, street fighter 3, if i put 1 rom or all of them in there renamed as told,

it comes up

error

can not open

any ideas? sory to be a pain

Yeah, I did exactly the same and it wouldn't work, I had a couple of wav files in storagecard/ so I deleted them and now it works ;) try moving sinle files into another folder and give that a go.

any ideas? sory to be a pain

yeh pretty sure mario kart was on snes only too.

Has anyone else had a plain blue screen when running some roms? You reckon it just means the rom isnt supported?

Guest youngerpants

yup, all the games from my youth were on the snes; mario cart, sf2... well mainly mario cart (used to love ghost vally 3) but there is a lot of stuff for the nes; all the mario worlds, zelda, 1942, but i recon the controlls would be a nightmare for the snes on the phone (powersliding the tight bend on rainbow island :wink: )

Guest pibrahim

I dream of a SNES emulator..

Frankly, there's very few NES games I'd want to play. All the Mario Bros (1-3) are available in the SNES Super Mario AllStars, complete with better graphics, and I prefer Mario World anyway. Zelda: A Link to the Past on the SNES was an absolutely incredible game, and lets not forget all the other top games - Bomberman, Street Fighter (somewhat unfeasible), ActRaiser, Axelay, etc!

I have to say that some of you guys are sounding quite ungrateful for the efforts being put into the emulators, etc that various peeps have been good enough to devote time to. Come on, don't put out their fires, give them some encouragement - after all, even with NES games, you'll still have a phone that your friends, work colleagues, etc... will be envious of! When was the last time you saw games as good as those available for the NES running on a 3310 ;)

Yes, we'd all like a SNES emulator - of even a PS1 (or even 2!) emulator, but realistically, these are going to be out of reach as I'd be pretty sure that the graphics on the SPV are fairly standard and lacking in acceleration and as has been pointed out, the controls of many of the games would start to get a little complex and difficult to use.

Me, I think the NES emulator rocks, and thanks to the guys who've put in the effort, to help provide fun and useful applications for free on de-certified phones. Keep up the excellent work!

Adam

Guest crimminsky

infact we're very grateful, we all appreciate the fantastic efforts that are put in by members of this forum and others. but you cannot stop people's expectations from getting too high, we just get excited and think that the spv is possible of anything, and encourage the programmers to keep up their good work.

Guest pibrahim

Its not ungrateful at all. We all recognise the amount of work that goes into porting, etc., and of course we're grateful for the increased selection in games it brings. What I stated was a pretty much undeniable fact - I'm sure all of us would love to see a SNES emulator!

Hax > i for one feel VERY appreciated, and all comments/wishes/complaints are wellcome. I want to make software that people like to use, if noone use it why should i make it ?

Everyone help me make better programs, i think that is good, both for me and the community :-)