Screen timeout unlocking

Guest Matt Taylor

Guest Matt Taylor

Just an observation really.

When the screen times out or I press the on on/off button the phone goes to sleep for want of a better term.

If I press the on/off button or the 'Home' button (bottom right) it wakes and presents the pink unlock dot which I need to flick up.

Then I enter the unlock pattern I've configured.

However, if I wake the phone by pressing the 'Menu' button it skips the pink unlock dot and goes straight to the unlock pattern request.

Seems a bit odd this one button would be different.

Matt

If it is a bug I hope its not fixed as I find this really handy. Unfortunately there is still a bit of wait to bring the unlock pattern screen up, so its no quicker than doing the swipe screen as well.

If anyone can remove the swipe to unlock page altogether that would be great it just gets in the way, why android keeps this screen if you setup a pattern lock is a mystery to me.

Guest Matt Taylor

I'm not sure what happens if you enter the screen pattern wrong too many times but I did read that it locks your phone out for a set period of time.

If so there is the possibility that the 'Menu' button could get knocked in your pocket and then the wrong pattern repeatedly entered as you take corners at break neck speed in your hot hatch.

Unlikely I know but could maybe present a problem. ;)

Guest Shuflie
I'm not sure what happens if you enter the screen pattern wrong too many times but I did read that it locks your phone out for a set period of time.

If so there is the possibility that the 'Menu' button could get knocked in your pocket and then the wrong pattern repeatedly entered as you take corners at break neck speed in your hot hatch.

Unlikely I know but could maybe present a problem. ;)

The lockout is only 30 seconds after five missed attempts (which doesn't increase the more times you get it wrong), and not too many pockets have capacitive pointers in them. ;)

Edited by Shuflie