HTC Widgets available.

Guest _Mazza_

12-18 09:57:54.584: DEBUG/PackageParser(136): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl39983.tmp

12-18 09:57:55.524: ERROR/PackageManager(136): Package com.htc.rosiewidgets.battery has no signatures that match those in shared user com.htc.rosie.uid.shared; ignoring!

12-18 09:57:55.524: WARN/PackageManager(136): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.htc.rosiewidgets.battery.apk

12-18 09:57:56.064: INFO/vending(588): com.android.vending.AssetDownloader$DownloadManagerBroadcastReceiver$MyPackageInstallObserver.packageInstalled(): Package install from content://downloads/download/168 failed: Incompatible update.

Hmm...

P

Guest ptruman
Running MCR2.9 + Teknologist 1.9

Battery installs fine.

Small update - they all install and "run" (as widgets) for me, but "Today in history" gets data connection errors, on WiFi or operator connections.

Guest clarkEEE1

When you download them and select open it comes up with the error msg but when you add the widget to your home screen they work just fine I hope this is not everyones problem. Lol

Hi Paul,

I'm running MCR3 on a G2 and get the same error as the others when trying to install these widgets. Not sure if it helps at all, however I find the following line in logcat after trying to install the Battery widget:

PackageManager( 127): Package com.htc.rosiewidgets.battery has no signatures that match those in shared user com.htc.rosie.uid.shared; ignoring!

W/PackageManager( 127): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.htc.rosiewidgets.battery.apk

I have no idea what that means, but I'm kinda hoping that it makes sense to you :-)

Cheers

Mr T

When you download them and select open it comes up with the error msg but when you add the widget to your home screen they work just fine I hope this is not everyones problem. Lol

I think everyone knows widget can`t be open, but there is not even that option. The Widget does not INSTALL in to the phone, but there comes an error message something like: "Installation unsuccesful"

Edited by JuW

Guest ptruman
Running the very latest Radio and MCR 3 and have the same problem!

Doesn't install ;)

At the risk of making everyone kill off units, has anyone tried a nandroid backup, wipe/clear/reset and then tried running them?

I suspect something is "polluting" the info somewhere - that stands to reason as obviously the app is looking for something and failing it. This means it's either checking something in a data file (which a wipe may cure) OR build (unlikely), radio (unlikely - see below), operator (unlikely), or serial/batch number (which may check if it's an operator batch for example).

I have MCR 3.0, Tek 1.9 (with update), latest radio, Apps2SD (EXT4 partition) & DID NOT WIPE (since 2.8) - and they all run for me, except that "On This Day" doesn't connect/download anything - but it runs.

Only other thing I can say is my unit is a SIM free GSM unit (never operator locked) and never had to be downgraded - and I'm on O2 UK.

i think it the build i was running mcr 3.0 then couldnt install widgets,

downloaded v .38 & they got installed.

i think it must be final release not the one with test keys!! what do u think PAUL?

Guest teknologist

All work like a charm here with MCR3.0 and my perf update.

I am using EU radio version (as it is the one that works better for me here -> Orange FR + Linksys Wifi AP)

BTW, just using today in history , the rest looks pretty useless to me...

Edited by teknologist

Not working here after reboot.

make that +1 for me.

edit: gonna try that now:

i think it the build i was running mcr 3.0 then couldnt install widgets,

downloaded v .38 & they got installed.

i think it must be final release not the one with test keys!! what do u think PAUL?

Edited by kendon