HTC Widgets available.

Guest _Mazza_

i think it the build i was running mcr 3.0 then couldnt install widgets,

downloaded v .38 & they got installed.

i think it must be final release not the one with test keys!! what do u think PAUL?

i think you are up to something here. it works for me with .38 rom also.

over at xda there was a rom .66 rom with release keys released.

Edited by kendon

Guest shenshang

a friend of mine managed to get it installed, he then vanilla-ed his hero and it would no longer be installed. Sense UI is definitely the cause.

just checked, he has a .38....hmm.....

Edited by shenshang

a friend of mine managed to get it installed, he then vanilla-ed his hero and it would no longer be installed. Sense UI is definitely the cause.

Running MoDaCo 3.0 with SenseUI here and I'm getting the error...

I'm on MCR 3.0 running Sense UI and the widgets installed and worked first time.

do you remember when you did the last wipe? i would like to set up the theory that it works if you didn't wipe since mcr2.8 or even 2.9...

Guest Dan Mullen
do you remember when you did the last wipe? i would like to set up the theory that it works if you didn't wipe since mcr2.8 or even 2.9...

I've only ever wiped once - that was when I went from stock to MCR 2.2.

Strange one this, I cant get it to work on MCR3.0 but I have just rooted the .66 release rom installed it and the widgets work fine.

Might throw together a rom and test it with all of Pauls mods.

hi i am now on mcr 2.8 which is one with .51 release keys, & widgets get installed.

i think paul should move the base of mcr 3.0 to one u said " .66 release keys" over on xda

Edited by dr_ysp

Guest vasillvrus

It looks like I found a cure for this problem. So we have established that using one and the same rom it works for some of us, while it doesn't work for no obvious reason for others.

I think the reason is release keys, that are in .66 rom.

What I've done:

1. Wiped the device and installed .66 rom from XDA (update.zip)

2. With no wiping installed MCR 3.0.

3. Installed widgets from the Market.

I had the same "incompatible update" before. So probably the question is - what was the rom before you have flashed MCR.

Please report any success or failure to make sure this is the right answer.

Edited by vasillvrus

hi, people, merry Christmas to u all.

i think problem is with ROM mcr 3.0 is based on .66"test signed" rom. 2.9 also based on .61 "test signed", while mcr 2.8 is based on .5 "release signed".

so if u are doing complete wipe & installing mcr 3.0 then these widgets will not be installed. but if u r coming frm stock or mcr 2.8 without wipe widgets will get installed, i have tried it myself. hope this helps!!

Edited by dr_ysp

hi, people, merry Christmas to u all.

i think problem is with ROM mcr 3.0 is based on .66"test signed" rom. 2.9 also based on .61 "test signed", while mcr 2.8 is based on .5 "release signed".

so if u are doing complete wipe & installing mcr 3.0 then these widgets will not be installed. but if u r coming frm stock or mcr 2.8 without wipe widgets will get installed, i have tried it myself. hope this helps!!

Thanks for the explanation! I've been wondering what the numbers meant. Sadly, there's no way in the world that I'm wiping all my settings, etc. Just to see HTC's take on battery monitoring! Thanks again for explaining it though. :)

Edited by Guest

Guest ilovemodaco

Been reading over at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...2741&page=5 but not there nor here have I seen a solution to this (at least a gentle, fast one). Upgraded to MCR 3.0 a couple of days ago, can't install widgets. (Paul) Would it be possible if not now then in a later release to install these widgets? If no, what are the things to do (newb-friendly, please, thank you ;)) to be able to install and run the widgets?

Deeply respect you all :)