Wavesecure locking phone as it thinks SIM is missing

Guest wonderfibre

Guest wonderfibre

I'm running these on my phone:

1.2.3-pulse-amonrarecovery

1.2-pulse-superboot

update-pulse-u8230edition-1.1-core-signed

3.0.0.40-update-wavesecure-signed

Most mornings this week I've woken up to use my phone (which has been left on overnight as I'm using the alarm) and Wavesecure has locked my phone! Easy enough to unlock but then the phone says there's no SIM card present (presumably this is what is tiggering Wavesecure).

Hitting reboot fixes the problem but I'm curious as to what the problem here is - is it hardware of software?

I only got my Pulse last week and have been thinking of getting it replaced anyway due to the barcode reader giving me black screen (fixed since installing the custom ROM but still having the autofocus problem). Would installing update-pulse-u8230edition-1.1-core-decemberpatch-signed help at all?

Sounds like a hardware issue to me?

The 'december update' will probably will your camera issue, although leave you unable to run custom kernels. You'll get improved audio too tho.

P

What does this mean?

So if you apply the update you won't be able to install another custom rum in the future?!

Once the source for the new update is available it should be possible to use custom roms again, but who knows when they will get around to releaseing it.