TG01 GPS Info - Sygic / McGuider / OziExplorer

Guest pcdunx

I have just taken ownership of a Toshiba TG01 on UK Orange contract.

I spent ages looking for information on getting the GPS working and finally found enough information in these forums to sort it out.

So this message is dual purpose:

1) Thanks to all the people who have posted information on their trials and tribulations regarding GPS on this (and other) phone.

2) You CAN get GPS applications to use the internal GPS hardware

a) I use McGuider 2009 v7.71 (Sygic Mobile) and it DOES work on the TG01.
At first it said "No GPS hardware", but from the information I gleaned in other threads on this forum I Manually Set the TG01 as follows:

External GPS > Programs > GPS program port > COM4

External GPS > Hardware > GPS hardware port > (None)

External GPS > Access > Make sure there is a "TICK" in the box for Manage GPS automatically

I then used "Autodetect" within the Sygic/McGuider program and it found it - Com 4, Baud Rate 4800

;) I also use OziExplorer for airborne GPS navigation, its "AutoDetect" also picked up the TG01 GPs hardware with all the above settings and works perfectly.

My TG01 Information:

MW 6.5 Pro

CE OS 5.2.21840 (Build 21840.5.0.60)

Version InfoSoftware 5005.0001.67

Thanks again to all the people who contribute to these forums, I hope my little bit helps someone else.

Dunx

Guest xdalover

Thank you pcdunx, this trick really works!! Brilliant! The solution was here and we did'nt findit all this time (GPSGATE has been the "official" roundabout since the beginning)

I´ve just gone to WM6.5 . I wonder if this trick also works on WM6.1 or only on WM6.5 (just curiosity)

Thanks again!

Edited by xdalover

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Hobbins
I have just taken ownership of a Toshiba TG01 on UK Orange contract.

I spent ages looking for information on getting the GPS working and finally found enough information in these forums to sort it out.

So this message is dual purpose:

1) Thanks to all the people who have posted information on their trials and tribulations regarding GPS on this (and other) phone.

2) You CAN get GPS applications to use the internal GPS hardware

a) I use McGuider 2009 v7.71 (Sygic Mobile) and it DOES work on the TG01.
At first it said "No GPS hardware", but from the information I gleaned in other threads on this forum I Manually Set the TG01 as follows:

External GPS > Programs > GPS program port > COM4

External GPS > Hardware > GPS hardware port > (None)

External GPS > Access > Make sure there is a "TICK" in the box for Manage GPS automatically

I then used "Autodetect" within the Sygic/McGuider program and it found it - Com 4, Baud Rate 4800

:) I also use OziExplorer for airborne GPS navigation, its "AutoDetect" also picked up the TG01 GPs hardware with all the above settings and works perfectly.

My TG01 Information:

MW 6.5 Pro

CE OS 5.2.21840 (Build 21840.5.0.60)

Version InfoSoftware 5005.0001.67

Thanks again to all the people who contribute to these forums, I hope my little bit helps someone else.

Dunx

Guest Dave Hobbins

Brilliant! And it works with Memory Maps on a TG01 too. You can head for the hills with a decent screen and a proper OS map.

WM6.5 still very clunky - it's back to my iTouch for most stuff but just can't find 3rd party bluetooth mapping software so the Orange sale price of £150 for the TG01 makes it a bargain GPS tool.