[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000 ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest dgmorland
Thanks for the tip. I finally got hold to the cause of the short battery life for the past few days. It's the GPS gate ver 2.6.0.325 that I had installed. When the gpsgate application is on standby, it will stuck out 1% of the battery power every 30 mins. Anyway, I have to exit the application and launch it when I need to use it.

@Alviner: there is an option in GPSgate to make it idle when no application is needing to use the GPS. If you configure this option, GPSGate will not eat up your battery. There was another posting that described how to configure this option.

Guest sundaymario

Tested the latest Version.

Found out a bug. I set up exchange mail (it did not work) but when my screen is in Outlook E-mail. I try exit from the Outlook E-mail and my start button does not work anymore.

Only Restart is the solution.

Gonna Flash back to J9 i think..

Guest alviner
@Alviner: there is an option in GPSgate to make it idle when no application is needing to use the GPS. If you configure this option, GPSGate will not eat up your battery. There was another posting that described how to configure this option.

Hi dgmorland,

Thanks for the tip. Finally got the setting from the GPSgate forum, all worked normally.

Thanks again.

Guest AndrewTan
anyone encounter the 'X' button is not closing the program even though it is enabled?

It happen for mine. :)

Press and hold "X" button will exit the open program. I not sure this is new feature of WM 6.5.X or not, as all cooked ROM base on WM 6.5.X not close the program even you set Enable to end running programs by tapping "X" in Samsung Settings.

Guest krispy55

EVERYTIME i TRY TO FLASH I GET THE BELOW ON OCTANS DOWNLOADER

"OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&99d0d6d&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}"

aNY HELP IS APPRECIATED

I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7 X64 WITH COMPATIBILITY FOR WINXP SP3 AND I HAVE THE LATEST DRIVER FOR USB :)

Guest hayami.wai
You need to install 3rd party apps, example PlumSIP or TouchPal with Chinese input plugin.

thanks for the reply. so i supposed the chinese keyboard that comes with samsung's ver of winmo 6.5 will not be available?

Guest imstillspinning

Excellent ROM KC!

first time i'm flashing my Omnia II. It's been great so far. Thanks!

I'm facing a situation here- I've got Cappointments to point to the samsung tcalendar, but occasionally when i try launching tcalendar from the titanium panel, all i get is a blank screen.

when that happens i'll need to do this:

1. close tcalendar via task manager

2. go to start menu, launch tcalendar again

2. close tcalendar.

and i'm able to launch tcalendar from the panel again.

any idea what gives? My apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Guest Khuanchai
Press and hold "X" button will exit the open program. I not sure this is new feature of WM 6.5.X or not, as all cooked ROM base on WM 6.5.X not close the program even you set Enable to end running programs by tapping "X" in Samsung Settings.

That's is the function of Showcase. Tap and hold x-button to completely close program. Tap x-button will minimize program. Tap and hold Startmenu button to open Showcase that will list all running programs.

To disable or remove showcase, delete the showcase shortcut in /windows/startup folder and soft reset your phone.

Guest acidash
That's is the function of Showcase. Tap and hold x-button to completely close program. Tap x-button will minimize program. Tap and hold Startmenu button to open Showcase that will list all running programs.

To disable or remove showcase, delete the showcase shortcut in /windows/startup folder and soft reset your phone.

Thanks for the tip KC! :)

Guest AndrewTan
thanks for the reply. so i supposed the chinese keyboard that comes with samsung's ver of winmo 6.5 will not be available?

You can find the chinese keyboard very easy, just install from a cab, that all :)

Guest micshang
try 'FreeRapid-0.83UI', you will find it with google. You copy and paste the link from khuanchai and you wait an hour et voila: the rom is downloaded!

This is how I solved the rapidshare problem :)

Bro, me been trying to download this 'FreeRapid-0.83UI', but can't seems to find it anywhere. Possible to post the link here? Thanks a lot in advance. Me a newbie here.

Guest tacchan23

One question:

I noticed that when I start a call, the "call volume" is low and if I press the VolumeUp key it pop ups a "winmo style" window to increase the call volume.

Before I never noticed this (maybe becouse the volume was maxed already and I never pressed the volume keys).

Any idea why the Call volume goes back to MIN level after every soft reset?

Note: I'm not talking about System or Ring volume but about Call volume