Installation Error ?

Guest flash2004

Guest flash2004

It seems everytime I reboot my pulse, apps stop installing (with error). I then have to go into Recovery to Fix ext4 and only then the apps start working again.

Is there any solution to this problem ?

Guest vinnyjones
It seems everytime I reboot my pulse, apps stop installing (with error). I then have to go into Recovery to Fix ext4 and only then the apps start working again.

Is there any solution to this problem ?

Got exactly the same problem, only difference being with an ext3 partition... i'm using the 8230 based custom rom and the SD card that came with the phone (i think that might be the problem)... I have read in many places that A2SD should be used with a class 6 SD card and i'm guessing the one that came with the phone is probably a class 2...

anyone got any clues as to what might be the issue here?

I get the same on ext3 and 8230 rom, this is with both the 2gb card that came with the pulse and an 8gb card which is meant to be class 6, but soon as its an 'unbranded' card this might not be true.

Edited by Bigsy

This has nothing to do with sizes, file systems or classes:

I've tested with ext2/ext3/ext4 and class 2 and 6 cards, and 2 / 4 and 16GB cards, all of them the same behaviour: after a reboot you need to repair the ext file system.

Not sure what the problem is, but it's probably, or the way a2sd works, or a problem how the Pulse mounts the filesystem at boot.

Guest Shuflie
This has nothing to do with sizes, file systems or classes:

I've tested with ext2/ext3/ext4 and class 2 and 6 cards, and 2 / 4 and 16GB cards, all of them the same behaviour: after a reboot you need to repair the ext file system.

Not sure what the problem is, but it's probably, or the way a2sd works, or a problem how the Pulse mounts the filesystem at boot.

Well, it must be due to something differnent since I don't need to repair the ext after a reboot. In fact since moving to ext4 and the 1.1 U8230 CR I only get the occasional problem with installing apps, and a reboot is all it takes to fix it so I don't think my are problems are filesystem related. Perhaps its something that you have installed that could be causing corruption on every reboot?

Edited by Shuflie

Guest bounty123

I'm still on 1.0MCR with ext2. I solved this problem by not rebooting the phone. ;) i clean the caches with cachemate, haven't got any slowdown issues even after weeks of use. So really no reason for me to reboot.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jason Patel

I appear to have this issue with a 8gb Class 6 card, every time I reboot I need to repair. I little bit pissed off as I bought a Class 6 card specifically to avoid this.

Any chance we can get this to auto repair on boot? Possibly an option for Kitchen users?

I appear to have this issue with a 8gb Class 6 card, every time I reboot I need to repair. I little bit pissed off as I bought a Class 6 card specifically to avoid this.

Any chance we can get this to auto repair on boot? Possibly an option for Kitchen users?

Paul has already said he will be adding the auto repair into his next MCK!