map w&l button?

Guest vjin

I figured the since the work and life button cant be mapped, it must activate some kind of .exe file.

turns out it is, to ModeSwitcher.exe. So i opened file explorer (it has the paste as shortcut feature) copied /program files/coreplayer/player.exe > /windows folder > paste as shortcut > rename to "ModeSwitcher" but when i hold the wl button, nothing happens?

who helps to solve this "problem" we already lack enough hardware buttons, its a shame to waste this one.

(btw i obviously dont use the samsung today, but spb shell)

Edited by vjin

Guest .:stn:.

I had the same idea,and knew about the exe file, didn't have the time to try it, though. But to be honest I didn't expected it not to work.. straaaange. If I find some free time I'll be trying to remap it (by hook or by crook)to task switcher somehow.

You mention about creating a shortcut  

windows folder > paste as shortcut > rename to "ModeSwitcher"
maybe it has to be pure exe then?

The idea I have is is to rename original mode switcher to e.g modeswitcher.bak and then rename original task switcher to ModeSwitcher.exe.

If you have some time try it. If not I'm gonna try it anyways tomorrow.

The idea I have is is to rename original mode switcher to e.g modeswitcher.bak and then rename original task switcher to ModeSwitcher.exe.

This won't work, because the file ModeSwitcher.exe is in ROM.

This won't work, because the file ModeSwitcher.exe is in ROM.

when pressed the button send out a code. An app which can intercept this code and associate a function will solve the issue. A button mapping app should work, the problem is to find a free app to do so. Aebutton plus can map the button but it is a commercial app.

when pressed the button send out a code. An app which can intercept this code and associate a function will solve the issue. A button mapping app should work, the problem is to find a free app to do so. Aebutton plus can map the button but it is a commercial app.

will take a look at this app. the problem with the most other mapping apps is they don't take care about the W&L button and some other. atleast on B7610.

aebuttonplus works like charm indeed :)

not really. if you remap W&L-Button once then it will allways wake the phone, even after removing aebplus. also samsung config doesn't change anything then.

Guest roisagi
not really. if you remap W&L-Button once then it will allways wake the phone, even after removing aebplus. also samsung config doesn't change anything then.

in addition - using aebuttonplus - you cannot config long press for the W&L button...and you cannor config camera button...

Edited by roisagi

in addition - using aebuttonplus - you cannot config long press for the W&L button...and you cannor config camera button...

anybody can config camera button this is not an aebuttonplus shortcoming. I think this button is configured at a driver basis. So not hope to use it...

• 1 year later...

It seems it's not possible to map the long press for work/life button. But there's a way to make it launch custom action while You are at Today Screen.

1) Download Mortscript

2) rename the mortscript's dummy.exe to modeswitcher.exe

3) copy it to windows folder with resco explorer, total commander or similar, replacing the old one

4) make a mortscript modeswitcher.mscr and make it do whatever you want, copy it to windows folder

5) reset

Et voilà - now the long press for WL button runs Your script.

For some reason this only works while You are on Today Screen. Maybe it depends on ROM You are using, some ROMs support the WL button remapping anyway.