Ported Number in status screen

Guest rjm2k

Anyone else noticed this? I ported my number from O2 to tmobile, initially the status screen continued to show the original tmobile number rather than the ported number. I noticed today that this has now changed to show the ported number. I'm not sure if this has just happened after a bit of time, or it's because I unlocked my handset to work with other networks.

Anyone else noticed this? I ported my number from O2 to tmobile, initially the status screen continued to show the original tmobile number rather than the ported number. I noticed today that this has now changed to show the ported number. I'm not sure if this has just happened after a bit of time, or it's because I unlocked my handset to work with other networks.

I'm going to port my number from Orange so I'll keep an eye out for that, although my Pulse is already unlocked.

Guest Sengadog
I'm going to port my number from Orange so I'll keep an eye out for that, although my Pulse is already unlocked.

I ported my number and my phone is still showing the original phone number supplied with the phone. My phone is NOT unlocked though.

• 3 weeks later...

I've now had my number ported from orange to t-mobile and the status screen still shows the old number. Here's hoping that it updates itself at some point.

Guest _melchett

i ported my number from vodafone to 3 and it still shows the original number in the status screen. However my old K800i used to show the old number too. Looks like porting might never change this :-(

Same here...Ported from O2 to Tmobile on a locked Pulse. It always shown original Tmob no and after reading your post when I checked it today, it is now showing my ported number.

Guest racingclub
Your all lucky - UK Vodafone simply shows Phone number Unknown in the Status screen, presuming this is a SIM limitation?

my Vodafone # displays OK

Guest jonathonf

I never put the T-Mo SIM in my Pulse, just unlocked it and put my own in. The phone still shows a number I don't recognise, which I presume is the T-Mo.

(Running 1.7 U8230)

Guest DarrellK
I never put the T-Mo SIM in my Pulse, just unlocked it and put my own in. The phone still shows a number I don't recognise, which I presume is the T-Mo.

(Running 1.7 U8230)

I ported my old number to T-Mobile/my pulse, still the original T-Mobile number shows under phone status. I emailed T-Mobile support, and they suggested I set up my name/number in "my profile" under contacts - the instructions they emailed me suggested it was not a Pulse-specific response. Needless to say it didn't work.

I assumed that the the SIM was still reporting the old number to the phone, but since Jonathon (above) never put in the T-Mobile SIM, maybe this happens when T-Mobile pair the SIM with the IMEI at initial purchase?

Guest dalesgateway

Not a porting issue, but after unlocking my Pulse and putting my o2 SIM in my number is also listed as Unknown in the Status screen. Anyone know why this is and if anything can be done about it?

Many thanks.

(Running Modaco 1.7 U8230)