Want to have custom ROMs for the Acer Liquid?

Guest maxisma

Guest Ogglord

That's the worst banking rule I've ever heard of. Are you like an ex drug addict? why wouldnt you get to keep your own money. Plus you should have thought of this and paid via paypal.

whatever.. my expectations are suddenly much lower...

I'm sorry guys I have some trouble with my bank:

At the end of every month all money above 70 € is being transferred to an account which I have no access to.

Unfortunately, this happened before my badword-slow bank saw the transaction-paper to the shop I bought the Liquid of.

This means, I have to talk to my parents now so they get this money for me from this account, so the Liquid will arrive approxemately in 3 weeks..

I'm sorry guys.

But I promise that I'll then make a ROM within 1 week with root etc..

Again I'm really sorry for that.

This may sound like a bad excuse but it isn't.

Guest lucian785
Mistakes happen sure but 3 weeks ??

The only thing you can do to make this right is offer people their donations back since you failed to deliver.

It's a 15 years old boy ...what did you guys expect? No offence sorry! Yesterday i was thinking to donate...but i'm glad i didn't.

Edited by lucian785

It's a 15 years old boy ...what did you guys expect? No offence sorry!

I didn't expect much and my small donation aint that big that i care to much about it.

But the ppl who did donate larger sum should get their money back

Guest three_pineapples

I don't see the problem. He's under 18. His parents have requested any money over a certain amount be put in their control.

I'm pretty sure the legal age for holding a paypal account is 18 anyway, so maybe it was his parents paypal in the first place.

He's not going to rip you off. Just be patient. And he can't transfer the money to Behnaam or refund cause if he had access to it, he would buy the liquid...

Behnaam will get enough to by a liquid soon anyway :)

Edited by three_pineapples

Guest batista70

For me there are no problems, i'll wait for your ROM, it's always better than wait for Acer Official Release in March ... and 10 $ don't change my life ....

Guest goa200
I don't see the problem. He's under 18. His parents have requested any money over a certain amount be put in their control.

I'm pretty sure the legal age for holding a paypal account is 18 anyway, so maybe it was his parents paypal in the first place.

He's not going to rip you off. Just be patient. And he can't transfer the money to Behnaam or refund cause if he had access to it, he would buy the liquid...

yes i understand that as well and i'm fine with it. however 3 weeks ??

thats the part id like xplained. cause it doesnt take 3 weeks to get money xferred.

Guest chunga

3 weeks?! Oh come on... everybody is anxious to get a custom rom with speed godness and apps2sd Android that weirdy geeky stuff in it. Maybe you can join the other dev, that is going to had a donated liquid Android help him develop something. THERE'S msn skype whatever. I Think you should work the base together to make a better rom for us.

Guest three_pineapples

No offence, but a lot of you are sounding like whiny children...

Maybe he has something else he should be doing for the next 2 weeks and his parents are forcing him to do it before he can get the liquid. Maybe he can get the liquid quicker, but by the time it gets here he has some school work to do for a week or 2 and then he can start?

Start using your imagination people! There are a million reasons why you can't get custom roms this second.

Guest maxisma

Correct, it were by parents who did that. That was the limitation when they offered to me to have a bank account.

I'm only 15 years old and I'm trying my best to get you a custom ROM quickly.

The limitations are my parents. They want me to write a good disclaimer too.

For the people who say it won't take 3 weeks:

Of course it won't. But my parents have important things to do !

Really, I'll try to have the Liquid as fast as I can, promised.

Again, I'm sorry.

I will talk with my father again as soon as possible ;-)

But I've got an idea. I will compile the Android source today and will look for a tester.

And as soon as I get my Liquid I will be able to make bigger changes.

Also to the PayPal thing: When I looked for payment methods in this shop there was only bank transaction.

I hope I can get the money today so I can order the device today again.

Edited by maxisma

Guest terminal 7

Just wanted to stop by and say good luck to you maxisma,

your putting more time and energy into this than most people would even consider doing.

im certain the wait for custom roms on the liquid will be worth while , your work on android this past year has been greatly appreciated by us all.

Guest hdubli
Correct, it were by parents who did that. That was the limitation when they offered to me to have a bank account.

I'm only 15 years old and I'm trying my best to get you a custom ROM quickly.

The limitations are my parents. They want me to write a good disclaimer too.

For the people who say it won't take 3 weeks:

Of course it won't. But my parents have important things to do !

Really, I'll try to have the Liquid as fast as I can, promised.

Again, I'm sorry.

I will talk with my father again as soon as possible ;-)

But I've got an idea. I will compile the Android source today and will look for a tester.

And as soon as I get my Liquid I will be able to make bigger changes.

Also to the PayPal thing: When I looked for payment methods in this shop there was only bank transaction.

I hope I can get the money today so I can order the device today again.

i am ready to test and become a tester..and i do not care even if device go dead.. so if u feel i can be of some use to u..pls consider me :)

Guest Charlton22
Good news..

My father will help me to write a good disclaimer today =)

Hopefully I then can order the device tomorrow again :)

Nice ;) Good Luck

Guest hdubli
Good news..

My father will help me to write a good disclaimer today =)

Hopefully I then can order the device tomorrow again :)

good luck and we all hope that you order and get the liquid asap

Guest maxisma

Great news!

I just finished writing a disclaimer and I will get the money back from the account which i have no access to so I can order the Liquid hopefully on monday :)

Guest goa200
Great news!

I just finished writing a disclaimer and I will get the money back from the account which i have no access to so I can order the Liquid hopefully on monday :)

Great news and great job

It's kinda funny, when you donate money to someone on the internet you don't really know, you should probably be comfortable with the fact that although that person may well be pretty well known and reliable, it's quite possible you won't see the results you hope for for your money in the timescales you expect.

Everyone has unexpected things pop up, other things in their life other than ROMs etc. - I speak from experience! :)

Donations work best when you're giving a donation as a token of gratitude for something that has been done already... that way if the donation doesn't produce anything new, you're not disappointed and if it does, it's an added bonus!

To ROM chefs... the best way to do it is to probably make great ROMs for a device you have and use donations from that to fund the next device... hence you can always move forward to new devices.

Just my 2p.

P

Guest lickonn

I agree with you Paul. I'm surprised that people can donate some money for something that they not sure to have...usually, donation is to thanks people, not to asked for something.

In fact, in Liquid case, how can maxisma and behnaam ensure that they can port nexus/dragon rom on ? I currently work on a recovery image, 1.6 custom rom and try to look to port aosp 2.0, and i can say that is not easiest as porting aosp on HTC device !

For people who want some stuff on liquid, just wait, i will release some soon.

Guest hdubli

well I feel that if we can split system.img and rebuild we can have custom roms...I hope am right ..I think the update.zip thing will not work in case of liquid.I compared htc system.img in hex ...and found this...any ways waiting for good stuff for liquid.

I agree with heyou Paul. I'm surprised that people can donate some money for something that they not sure to have...usually, donation is to thanks people, not to asked for something.

In fact, in Liquid case, how can maxisma and behnaam ensure that they can port nexus/dragon rom on ? I currently work on a recovery image, 1.6 custom rom and try to look to port aosp 2.0, and i can say that is not easiest as porting aosp on HTC device !

For people who want some stuff on liquid, just wait, i will release some soon.

We can do custom roms via system.img.

update.zip method will work if we have a working custom recovery.

There's really nothing preventing custom ROMs, I might do a MCR this week, but i'm also considering selling my Liquid atm.

P

Guest hdubli

well ..if you can get us one MCR and little guidance, people can continue making roms ..then u can sell liquid :)

We can do custom roms via system.img.

update.zip method will work if we have a working custom recovery.

There's really nothing preventing custom ROMs, I might do a MCR this week, but i'm also considering selling my Liquid atm.

P

Guest SeraphimSerapis
It's kinda funny, when you donate money to someone on the internet you don't really know, you should probably be comfortable with the fact that although that person may well be pretty well known and reliable, it's quite possible you won't see the results you hope for for your money in the timescales you expect.

Everyone has unexpected things pop up, other things in their life other than ROMs etc. - I speak from experience! :)

Donations work best when you're giving a donation as a token of gratitude for something that has been done already... that way if the donation doesn't produce anything new, you're not disappointed and if it does, it's an added bonus!

To ROM chefs... the best way to do it is to probably make great ROMs for a device you have and use donations from that to fund the next device... hence you can always move forward to new devices.

Just my 2p.

P

I totally agree with you, Paul.

Having no guarantee that everything will work fine is a no go for me.

I'll rather donate for some fine existing rom (MCR for Milestone in near future?)

Regards