Samsung Today

Guest Nonperson
This could be due to some software installed on your phone interfering with Samsung Today. On my phone it was "NoDataInRoaming" which killed the Shortcut-Manager.

Regards

Rudi

Two more programs that seem to interfere with shortcut manager are Lingvosoft dictionary (any language) and Office Mobile 2010 Beta (cab installation).

Guest the_KIT

Does anione thinks that this build of Samsung today can get rather unresponsive on a daily usage? I get rather sluggish response esp when I close memory intensive progs like Opera Mobile 9.5 or 10 beta...

Guest jonggie112

working great except the following which doesnt suit my needs (running on official j9 btw):

1. it makes performance switch to auto (experienced this everytime after i press softkey edit)

2. calendar and tasks display in 24 hour format

3. it doesnt show tomorrow's appointments

but all in all its way better than titanium (for me at least)

Edited by jonggie112

It is more usable than the widget; I think.

It will be mooooooore better when it has a weather plugin (I am sure it is coming  :) )

Edited by Amor

Guest AndrewTan
working great except the following which doesnt suit my needs (running on official j9 btw):

1. it makes performance switch to auto (experienced this everytime after i press softkey edit)

2. calendar and tasks display in 24 hour format

but all in all its way better than titanium (for me at least)

Thanks for the infor, ya it keep auto switch to performance Auto instead of others setting like high.

Guest dgmorland
Thanks for the infor, ya it keep auto switch to performance Auto instead of others setting like high.

You are right - it overrides the Performance setting. That is just plain stupid. What possible reason could there be for this application (or any other application) to need to override the user-selected Performance setting? It's hard to imagine how this could be a bug as opposed to something deliberate.

Guest dgmorland

I am not sure if it is possible but an improvement to this app would be to remove the name and bar that is applied over the top of each Photo Contact. The name text doesn't fit unless the person has a very short name and if they are a favourite contact surely you would know who it was from looking at the picture anyway so no need for text.

Two more programs that seem to interfere with shortcut manager are Lingvosoft dictionary (any language) and Office Mobile 2010 Beta (cab installation).

It's Office 10 Beta, then. I've been installing it from a downloaded cab file. Maybe I'll just stick with the pre-installed Office Mobile (it's not like I ever use it anyway).

Guest costipl

How can I assign something to the photo contacts? All I have after install is a set of icons with a plus sign on them, I assume I have to add contacts manually. But when I tap and hold any of them, I get the option "Go to phonebook" which doesn't let me assign anything.

I don't have any contacts with a picture attached, could that be a problem?

Guest Octopus1968
How can I assign something to the photo contacts? ...

I don't have any contacts with a picture attached, could that be a problem?

No, you can add also contacts without a photo attached. Thats the reason why the name is shown in the bottom part of the picture (or the area, where the picture is supposed to be).

When pressing the Plus-Symbol, SCContacts is opened on my Pro. This is what should open on your phone, too.

Edited by Octopus1968

this is so nice, but have a problem in Wm6.5.3, could you solve it??

Screen21.png

see the top.....

Dear Superoy, can you direct me to your task bar download.

Thks and Happy New Year.

Guest Smille123
can anyone check if the landscape thing and RSS reader bugs happen in an official rom with the official samsungtoday CSC?

I installed L5 with german language. Landscape switched to portait and rss-reader doesn´t showed anything.

Thanks for confirming, Smille123.

Looks like it's a samsung bug and not a bug with my cab..

I guess only samsung can fix this.. hopefully next rom release will have the bugs fixed..

Guest Miguel Singson

hey

abit offtopic but semi related.

theres a freeware program called mToday it allows to switch between two user set today screens

just thought id let others know.

i love the Samsung Today and use it most of the time. but there are just some days when you want your screen to be blank and see absolutely no calendar or work related things. hehe

P.S: just a thought. this may enable us to somewhat emulate the "Work" and "Lifestyle" capabilities of the omnia Pro. just hot key the mTOday program

Edited by Miguel Singson

Guest costipl
No, you can add also contacts without a photo attached. Thats the reason why the name is shown in the bottom part of the picture (or the area, where the picture is supposed to be).

When pressing the Plus-Symbol, SCContacts is opened on my Pro. This is what should open on your phone, too.

Thanks, it worked as intended after a soft reset, I guess it was just some glitch.

Anyway, I'm using it now on the latest official rom (IL5) without any problems. Works like a charm, just the kind of Today screen I needed :)

hi all - is there a way to link the SMS notification icon to open Vito-SMS chat or any third pARTY SMS app? this is all i need and it's perfect!

MAke your own program (exe) that runs the program u want. save that as jinbox.exe in windows. that's how i did for mine. of coz, this require some programming. maybe somone has a better solution, but I don't know.

i have a "Prob" how can i change the shortcut?

i tried to press and hold - > change but nothing happened.

anyone able to change the shortcut?

thanks

works for most of us. U're probably using a different language or a lite rom with some required file misisng...

Guest Smille123
Thanks, it worked as intended after a soft reset, I guess it was just some glitch.

Anyway, I'm using it now on the latest official rom (IL5) without any problems. Works like a charm, just the kind of Today screen I needed :)

Hi costipl,

is your rss-reader working?