[PROJ] [BOUNTY] Patch kernel to get more RAM

Guest rodrigofd

i actually looked into this last week. the windows image gets loaded into memory at a certain location. from that location till the beginning of the ram is what we have left as free ram. we have to reallocate the image to an offset further down and that will increase our available free ram.

BEFORE

|===============================|================|

FREE RAM ........................................................| WM OS|| wasted ram |

AFTER

|==========================================|=====|

FREE RAM .............................................................................. |WM OS|

the sizes arent exactly accurate, but you get the point

unfortunately i dont have the time this month to work on it anymore. i will try whenever i have time. hope this helps someone

Umm.. with everyone hitting reset and reverting back to original rom, not cooked rom, wouldn't the correct paradigm be?:

BEFORE

|===============================|============================|

FREE RAM ........................................................| Cooked/Current ROM|| Original ROM |

Edited by Nude

Guest touchflo
Umm.. with everyone hitting reset and reverting back to original rom, not cooked rom, wouldn't the correct paradigm be?:

BEFORE

|===============================|============================|

FREE RAM ........................................................| Cooked/Current ROM|| Original ROM |

why would the original rom be sitting in ram doing nothing? the original rom is in storage,not ram. you only put something in ram that you want the cpu to take action on, like loading a program. it goes from your storage into ram, then the cpu executes it.

Guest rodrigofd
where this rodrigo, disappeared

Hi aol1978 sorry for not thanking you before for your donation ! As others said i'm on holidays in the beach, for the whole january.

I will keep the donation you made for this project.. which as i wrote in the beginning, we will see at the first days of february if it is factible or not.

If the project is not achievable, or another solution comes before, i will return you the donation of course. Just remind me in time.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ANGEL_666
Okay, if you read my other post in which i explain the 'memory reservation' issue, related to implementation of the I8000 WM kernel (NK.EXE), you might know that i had reply from expert 'cmonex', who is willing to help us in cracking such kernel, to release more available memory for our Samsung devices.

How many RAM you hope to be free? As Pako777 said, he is already patch NK.exe, and now, we may change the size of PP (witch included in Reservation). In this way, we may free about 20Mb Ram.

post-587572-1264876880_thumb.jpgpost-587572-1264876907_thumb.jpg

How many RAM you hope to be free? As Pako777 said, he is already patch NK.exe, and now, we may change the size of PP (witch included in Reservation). In this way, we may free about 20Mb Ram.

post-587572-1264876880_thumb.jpgpost-587572-1264876907_thumb.jpg

Hi

is it possible that we patch NK.exe and how

Thanks in advance

Guest ANGEL_666
Hi

is it possible that we patch NK.exe and how

Thanks in advance

Hi. It is possible to "inject" already patched NK.exe in XIP. Today we can do it manual only. But with new version of EXEcutor (2.8), it will be automated and easy process i think. But please, all questions about it - to developer PAKO777. A'm just tester.

Hi. It is possible to "inject" already patched NK.exe in XIP. Today we can do it manual only. But with new version of EXEcutor (2.8), it will be automated and easy process i think. But please, all questions about it - to developer PAKO777. A'm just tester.

Hi

thank you for the fast responce and good news.

Regards

Guest ANGEL_666
So can you release this patched NK.exe with lower PP?

This is not NK.exe with lower PP. This is patched Nk.exe, making available to set ANY size of PP with EXEcutor. Tell more - new EXEcutor (not public yet) can AUTOPATCH ANY NK.exe of our firmware. Autor - Pako777. He is working with new wersion, but this is hard, and take free time, because he is not have any reason to help us, (but he did!). His phone - i900, and this work, is just enthusiasm. Thats why i'm help him. Want more advanced futures? Help the developer! ;)

Guest CryptXus

how much ram can we free up before the system gets unstable because the reserved ram are of some purpose but maybe samsung over done it.

we cant free up all the ram right?

Guest ANGEL_666
how much ram can we free up before the system gets unstable because the reserved ram are of some purpose but maybe samsung over done it.

we cant free up all the ram right?

Right. That's why customizing PP,only is safe way. Now, on my device is 8 Mb PP, it's mean that free ram is about 93Mb on WIN 6.5.3. We may also set PP=0 (then pp auto-set it's size). The value of PP is from 0 up to 64Mb on our devises.

Right. That's why customizing PP,only is safe way. Now, on my device is 8 Mb PP, it's mean that free ram is about 93Mb on WIN 6.5.3. We may also set PP=0 (then pp auto-set it's size). The value of PP is from 0 up to 64Mb on our devises.

What about the system performance with 8 or 0 pagepool??? do you notice any diference??

Has been confirme that the extra 5mb ram in ja5 rom was because of the pagepool?

Anyway, with about 80mb ram free I think that we can run whatever we want! hope we get a good sense 2.1/2.5 Rom with this extra ram!

Guest ANGEL_666
What about the system performance with 8 or 0 pagepool??? do you notice any diference??

Has been confirme that the extra 5mb ram in ja5 rom was because of the pagepool?

Anyway, with about 80mb ram free I think that we can run whatever we want! hope we get a good sense 2.1/2.5 Rom with this extra ram!

With 8 Mb - all seems to be ok. With 0 (auto) too, but with auto value, the PP can grow itself. ;) I'm testing this two values, and all was nice.

Guest Dr.Abo Fahad
With 8 Mb - all seems to be ok. With 0 (auto) too, but with auto value, the PP can grow itself. ;) I'm testing this two values, and all was nice.

Oh' That's seems to be promising , Can you please post screen shots of Memory setting of 8M PP or 0 M PP or preferrably both . Pleeeease

Okay , she will be able to dig into the matter, starting on first days of February 2010, so , my project is to collect bounty during january, so we can pay her to get it done on that date.

Almost mid-Feb, any news?

Guest rodrigofd
Almost mid-Feb, any news?

I haven't received response yet... in any case, for what i've been reading in this forum, or at least Sorg speculations, there won't be much room for RAM increase...