Huawei Cupcake Build Environment

Guest _Sebastian_

Guest _Sebastian_

Hi all,

i've started a new Topic to keep the 1.6 Rom development clean.

Maybe it's helpful for somebody to write down my thoughts for the future development ...

I'll start to get the Huawei changes into the Code Aurora branch. The preferred rom is

the update for France BYTEL (less customizations). Here is my list of TODOs :

• Create a new Vendor and Device (huawei --> U8220) - $TARGET_DEVICE U8220 is mandatory because Huawei modified the init.qcom.sh
  • Detect Huawei proprietary code and modifications needed in the Code Aurora branch - take a look at the Dream-open Device in Android Cupcake
  • *Nice to have* Create the Test Environment (Android Emulator)
  • Create a patch with the Huawei changes for the Code Aurora branch

Feel free to extend the List ...

Edit:

I'll use the old Kernel Source first (because i already started with it)

Edit 2009-12-30:

Added the files from the 1.6 Rom development Topic

Edit 2010-01-05

Added the rest of the needed files just to keep it all at the same place for now.

I'll repack it at the weekend - promise :)

codeaurora_chocolate_cupcake.tar.gz

current_U8220.tar.gz

codeaurora_changes.tar.gz

Edited by _Sebastian_

Guest talentliuyang

Do you believe when you or Paul can finish the development of 1.6 ROM? We have a bunch of people here waiting for your good news. But sorry to say that nothing i can help. Just send my best wishes, and work harder!

P

Guest McSpoon
  • Detect Huawei proprietary code and modifications needed in the Code Aurora branch - take a look at the Dream-open Device in Android Cupcake

I'm curious. Do you have any plans for dealing with those proprietary files?

Personally I see them as a huge problem area. I'm guessing they would need upgrading to support Android 1.6 or higher. There is some generic source code for them in the CodeAurora branches but I don't know if it will work on the U8220. It seems BoardConfig.mk will compile them if QC_PROP is set to true but that gives me errors. So I just don't know what to do about them.

Guest _Sebastian_

I don't think it's a problem at least for Cupcake or Donut. But i think we'll run in Problems with a new Kernel because of some Huawei changes (AR6000 - mmh it's also GPL licensed) and some other stuff (I'll write it down when i am done) ... I am currently working on the U8220 Product - we'll see if everything works like expected ...

Guest _Sebastian_

Maybe sombody want to participiate...

It's not finished you'll get build errors. Just the

current state for those who want to play a bit too :)

Edit 2010-01-05

Moved files to the first entry

Edited by _Sebastian_

I've got chocolate-cupcake compiling, and the (second?) released Huawai kernel compiles when swapped into it in place of the default one, but neither run in the Android emulator - the emulator runs, loads all the images fine, but the window never appears. I assume this is something to do with it being coded to run on a particular processor, which the emulator doesn't report itself as? This is speculation, obviously. Just wondering if you had any ideas - I thought at least the chocolate-cupcake kernel would run in the emulator.

Guest _Sebastian_

I never had the feeling to test the Kernel within the Emulator because i am using the stock Huawei

one (i know it works :) ). So i just testet my ROM. To do so use the following parameters:

$emulator -ramdisk [path-to-your-ramdisk.img] -system [path-to-your-system.img] -scale 0.9 @[your-avd-name]

Edited by _Sebastian_

Guest _Sebastian_

Hi all,

I've finished yesterday night the first build with the Build Environment (Android 1.5).

It's based on December Kernel and needs the December Update. It's a generic build

with no google apps until now (no Problem to add support later ...). This will be the first

step to Android 1.6 so please participiate :) .

I need your help to find and fix the rest of the errors.

I've determined following errors:

Wifi is not working:

Cannot activate wifi

Radio is not working correctly:

This means outgoing calls are working, incoming not (got the voicemail)

Link to download:

http://www.filemonster.net/en/file/14932/U...custom-zip.html

Guest xangma
Hi all,

I've finished yesterday night the first build with the Build Environment (Android 1.5).

It's based on December Kernel and needs the December Update. It's a generic build

with no google apps until now (no Problem to add support later ...). This will be the first

step to Android 1.6 so please participiate :) .

I need your help to find and fix the rest of the errors.

I've determined following errors:

Wifi is not working:

Cannot activate wifi

Radio is not working correctly:

This means outgoing calls are working, incoming not (got the voicemail)

Link to download:

http://www.filemonster.net/en/file/14932/U...custom-zip.html

Looks awesome. Were they the same build parameters that you stated before? I will get working on it in the next 24 hours. Btw, timezone ... GMT ;-]

Guest _Sebastian_
Looks awesome. Were they the same build parameters that you stated before? I will get working on it in the next 24 hours. Btw, timezone ... GMT ;-]

Almost. As soon everything works like expected i'll create some patches for the changes in the

Code Aurora branch and put everything together in a single archive with a documentation. Maybe

i can also put the VMWare Session on bittorent or a free webhost. With the working Configuration

and the patches the step to 1.6 will be easy (hope so). And in the mean time there are a lot of

possibilities for customizations within the framework (themes, animations, images ...)

Edited by _Sebastian_

Guest xangma

Just to update everyone. We have a working cupcake rom with radio, wifi and bluetooth working. Problems being:

Hardware buttons are all over the place.

Wifi wont turn off (that's a weird one)

Apps are hard to get working (Filemanager forces a close)

Any advice would be helpful =]

Guest xangma
Xangma got it working.

He copied libril.so and libhardware_legacy.so on the device and followed this link:

http://www.mail-archive.com/android-freeru...g/msg00575.html

Yeah sorry I should have posted my working .img files but I didn't get round to it. I got a bit annoyed when adb stopped working =P Otherwise I would have kept developing it. I feel that now we have come this far with 1.5 ... we should get started on 1.6 again. So, what were the config files and build parameters used for building the 1.5 image? Like, what libraries etc were put into the directories.

So, we get the git repository from codeaurora ... then get the hauwei source, copy some stuff? Edit some buildfiles and config files? then build? How? I am terrible at that! =P

Guest Josh04

Hmm, I've got libril.so and libhardware_legacy.so, and I have the device_provisioned bit set in that database, but still no wifi : /

What went wrong with adb?

As for 1.6, we get the source for that, compile it (against the Huawei kernel?), swap in the lib files and hope for the best. Then, when it doesn't work, we continue to fiddle.

Edit: Wait a moment, I'll upload a zip with the files added to make it boot.

files_added_to_system.zip

Edited by Josh04

Guest xangma
Hmm, I've got libril.so and libhardware_legacy.so, and I have the device_provisioned bit set in that database, but still no wifi : /

What went wrong with adb?

As for 1.6, we get the source for that, compile it (against the Huawei kernel?), swap in the lib files and hope for the best. Then, when it doesn't work, we continue to fiddle.

Edit: Wait a moment, I'll upload a zip with the files added to make it boot.

I've done that. Replaced all of the lib files. You actually need to build it with all the hauwei stuff I think =/

Did you copy those two from the stock roms?

Edited by xangma

Guest Josh04

I didn't, only thought of that after posting :)

The zip I've attached to the previous post has just the files Sebastian added to his system.img, so they're the ones we'd need to replicate in 1.6 for it to work.

Guest _Sebastian_

Sorry people i am working in the VMWare Session, so i just take a look from time to time ....

Currently i am working on 1.6 but i am facing some Problems. In short we need to build the

libcamera but i can't get it working right now ... In 1.5 there where some c includes with

files we don't have ... So i just took a look at 1.6 and i thought we can build it now by our

own, because there are no dependencies to those files ... but i can't get rid of this error:

target thumb C++: libcamera <= hardware/msm7k/libcamera/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp

hardware/msm7k/libcamera/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp: In member function 'void android::QualcommCameraHardware::receivePreviewFrame(camera_frame_type*)':

hardware/msm7k/libcamera/QualcommCameraHardware.cpp:1247: error: cannot convert 'android::sp<android::MemoryBase>' to 'nsecs_t' in argument passing

make: *** [out/target/product/U8220/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcamera_intermediates/QualcommCameraHardware.o] Error 1

Any Ideas?

Guest xangma
Maybe it's better if i create the patches and find a way to add xangmas work so we all have the same base for 1.5 and maybe 1.6 later

Sounds like an excellent plan =P

Guest _Sebastian_

The changes for the current state

Edit:

Got a typo in the vendor files, please use the other archive

Edited by _Sebastian_

Guest _Sebastian_

Sorry got a typo in the files ... Just copy the vendor again

If you have Problems with gcc-4.2 use gcc-4.3 as i do.

Edit 2010-01-05

Moved files to the first entry

Edited by _Sebastian_