Huawei Cupcake Build Environment

Guest _Sebastian_

I'll call it FRANKENBUILD :) . It's the donut-plus-aosp branch (1.6) spieced with a lot of files/modules from the Code Aurora donut-frosted branch

Hahahah. Awesome. I had the 1.6 MASH UP for a while. Yeah i'm doing the same at the moment =]

I found my changes to get past that :)

int CameraParameters::getAFMode() const

{

return 0;

}
Before the last "}" in frameworks/base/libs/ui/CameraParameters.cpp and:
int getAFMode() const;

After "int getCameraEnabledVal() const;" in frameworks/base/include/ui/CameraParameters.h, and it should compile. Not sure which function of the camera I'm breaking here though B)

Guest martinbrook

Auto Focus?

Hi Guys,

Long time no post. Been really busy at work.

I've got a couple of days free before I have to jet off to Canada for 3 weeks so I'm going to have a look at what's been going on. I also received my Nexus One on Thursday so the Pulse is now my dev phone and does not need to be put back to a working state after every dev session.

Martin

I found my changes to get past that :)

int CameraParameters::getAFMode() const

{

return 0;

}
Before the last "}" in frameworks/base/libs/ui/CameraParameters.cpp and:
int getAFMode() const;

After "int getCameraEnabledVal() const;" in frameworks/base/include/ui/CameraParameters.h, and it should compile. Not sure which function of the camera I'm breaking here though B)

Guest _Sebastian_
I've got a couple of days free before I have to jet off to Canada for 3 weeks so I'm going to have a look at what's been going on. I also received my Nexus One on Thursday so the Pulse is now my dev phone and does not need to be put back to a working state after every dev session.

Sounds good to me :) .

Yeah it's the Auto Focus. But it should come with the huawei libs ... I'll check the posted files again ... No need to change a line of code if we are going to use the provided libs (except ISurface.h for gcc-4.3). It's supposed to work with the 3 archives i've provided.

Guest _Sebastian_

Btw did anybody took a look at the Huawei Kernel sources? This lines looks interesting i think ....

msm/include/linux/input.h:

#ifdef CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_GESTRUE

#define GESTURE_NO_GESTURE 0x00

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_PAN_UP 0x01

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_PAN_RIGHT 0x02

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_PAN_DOWN 0x03

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_PAN_LEFT 0x04

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_ROTATE_CW 0x05

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_ROTATE_CCW 0x06

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_CLICK 0x07

#define GESTURE_MULTI_TOUCH_PAN_UP 0x08

#define GESTURE_MULTI_TOUCH_PAN_RIGHT 0x09

#define GESTURE_MULTI_TOUCH_PAN_DOWN 0x0A

#define GESTURE_MULTI_TOUCH_PAN_LEFT 0x0B

#define GESTURE_ZOOM_IN 0x0C

#define GESTURE_ZOOM_OUT 0x0D

#define GESTURE_SINGLE_TOUCH_DOUBLE_CLICK 0x0E

#define GESTURE_MAX 0x1F

#define GESTURE_CNT (GESTURE_MAX+1)

#endif/*CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_GESTRUE*/

Sounds good to me :) .

Yeah it's the Auto Focus. But it should come with the huawei libs ... I'll check the posted files again ... No need to change a line of code if we are going to use the provided libs (except ISurface.h for gcc-4.3). It's supposed to work with the 3 archives i've provided.

This is for the 1.6 sources, right? Are we meant to be making the provided libui.so work with the 1.6 sources?

Guest _Sebastian_
This is for the 1.6 sources, right? Are we meant to be making the provided libui.so work with the 1.6 sources?

Actualy the files i've provided are for the code aurora chocolate cupcake branch (1.5). I am working on a 1.6 environment , but i am still facing a lot of errors

Actualy the files i've provided are for the code aurora chocolate cupcake branch (1.5). I am working on a 1.6 environment , but i am still facing a lot of errors

Yeah, the getAFMode error appears when trying to compile 1.6 with the Huawei libs, because there you can't use the provided libui.so because it's out of date. Just messing around, really. Sorry for the confusion XP

Guest David Horvath
Yeah, the getAFMode error appears when trying to compile 1.6 with the Huawei libs, because there you can't use the provided libui.so because it's out of date. Just messing around, really. Sorry for the confusion XP

Cannot we just request a new source from huawei? They should give it out, right?

We have the kernel source, which is helpful, but the rest of the Android sources are Apache-licensed, which means they don't have to be redistributed.

My 1.6 build now fails with system_server crashing, and I'm having trouble getting the Pulse to print debug messages to logcat : / I've been mixing up the AOSP 1.6 with chocolate-cupcake sources for hardware.

Guest martinbrook
We have the kernel source, which is helpful, but the rest of the Android sources are Apache-licensed, which means they don't have to be redistributed.

My 1.6 build now fails with system_server crashing, and I'm having trouble getting the Pulse to print debug messages to logcat : / I've been mixing up the AOSP 1.6 with chocolate-cupcake sources for hardware.

A little behind the drag curve here guys due to work commitments but I've just completed the first stage of building chocolate-cupcake with the first file of instructions.

Nice one Seb :) build worked out good once I had the correct gcc version on karmic. (I did find a patch to fix the com compile on the later version but I wanted to keep to the instructions)

Will have a look at that build on the device then onto the next set of instructions.

I want to go through the same process as you so I'm up to speed on where we are and how we got there.

Martin

Guest David Horvath

Any updates on this matter? I'm writing my diploma theses, but tempted by working alongside you guys :)

A quick question: If we have QualcommCameraHardware.cpp, and we have the firmware for the cam. Why is it not possible to compile a newer Android build than 1.5?

Edited by David Horvath

Any updates on this matter? I'm writing my diploma theses, but tempted by working alongside you guys :)

A quick question: If we have QualcommCameraHardware.cpp, and we have the firmware for the cam. Why is it not possible to compile a newer Android build than 1.5?

To be honest. I have no idea. We were so close ... i've just stopped working on it at the moment. I had a 1.6 build with bluetooth and wifi if I remember correctly. No radio. I don't know what version of the G1 ROM it was either otherwise I would have grabbed it and started from scratch. It just needs a bit more research on it to be honest. If we make a whole todo list and tutorial i'm sure alot more people would get involved. Problem is, i've got an exam tomorrow I havent even started revising for, assessment on wednesday. I'm screwed.

Guest David Horvath

Just a thought:

HTC Magic has the same chipset as Pulse. Qualcomm MSM7200A, what has: Embedded gpsOne GPS module, Qcamera, Qtv, Qcamcorder, Qvideophon. So as i see it, we could use the drivers from it. Am i wrong?

Guest david_dawkins
Just a thought:

HTC Magic has the same chipset as Pulse. Qualcomm MSM7200A, what has: Embedded gpsOne GPS module, Qcamera, Qtv, Qcamcorder, Qvideophon. So as i see it, we could use the drivers from it. Am i wrong?

You mean HTC have already ported the kernel to the 1.6/2.x version we need? Genius...

Guest jonathonf

The kernel for 1.6+ has been available for months. It's the drivers that are the problem as these are not released under the GPL. Hence, HTC has already ported their drivers to 2.6.29.

However, if the chipset and other components are the same... it should be possible to get a Magic kernel booting on a Pulse.

I wish I'd bought two Pulses now...

The kernel for 1.6+ has been available for months. It's the drivers that are the problem as these are not released under the GPL. Hence, HTC has already ported their drivers to 2.6.29.

However, if the chipset and other components are the same... it should be possible to get a Magic kernel booting on a Pulse.

Right, that's my night sorted then. Will be posting up dates later.

Guest David Horvath
Right, that's my night sorted then. Will be posting up dates later.

If i would have the time to figure out how to start building roms, i would play as well.

xangma, could i participate somehow?

If i would have the time to figure out how to start building roms, i would play as well.

xangma, could i participate somehow?

I haven't actually started tonight. My new monitor arrived today so I'm testing it out =P I'll let you know though =]

As in, one for testing? The Pulse is pretty much unbrickable.

Guest David Horvath

If i understand ritght, we can extract the required files from the rom with unyaffs. The files and the extraction can be seen here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/wiki/Building. So we need a rom image with 1.6/2.0/2.1 Android version, extract the drivers, and build the new kernel and system image with that. Is that doable?