Touch Screen Not Working

Guest soccerdon1981

Guest soccerdon1981

I'm having a problem. I cannot get my touch screen to work.

I can *press* start, widgets, etc ... but if I move my finger from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen (or left to right) NOTHING happens. Scrolling/Swiping works on my email, internet and programs - just not on my Start Screen (where all of my apps are) or Home Screen.

I've tried re-aligning my screen, but that's really not the issue. What else can I do? Can someone please help me figure this out? Please explain in simple terms as I'm not really familiar with all of the techie words.

OK, so after doing some searching...most people require a bit of information as to what happened prior. So....I did a hard reset on both my Main Memory & My Storage (I was having really weird bugs on the ROM I flashed). I went back to using the ROM that I first used and had no problems with. I changed the Theme, and whomp - touch screen failure. I've changed back to the normal theme and it's still not working.

I've tried searching the forums and google, but couldn't find anything to help me solve my problem.

Thanks.... :)

Don

P.S. MyMobiler swiping/scrolling works perfectly. I can move up and down & left and right without any problems at all. Blah!!

Edited by soccerdon1981

Guest jaycarl

Specifics are key when you need help to troubleshoot a problem.

What rom are you using? what rom did you go back to? What programs did you install before it started having these issues?

Without that info we can only troubleshoot in general.

Heres a general fix: Flash to another rom like Lioryte base rom (most stable) and see if that fixes the issue your having. If it does then you can rule out hardware failure. Though, since you say it works with some apps it sounds like a software conflict.

Hope that helps

Guest soccerdon1981

Actually, it is something I did. I have to move from the left to the right and down to move up ... and from the right to the left and up to move down.

I just cannot remember where I changed that setting. I'm using blazingwolf's 6.5 CF03 ROM with SPB ... that's the ROM that I switched back to cuz it worked for me previously.

I cannot flash again until Monday.

I hope this helps. Sorry. :)

Edited by soccerdon1981