December Update on U8220

Guest nicox45

Guest nicox45

Hi !! I got a pulse on my country (Chile), well, it's not actually a pulse, it is just a U8220... I've tried to install the december update but I just get a "Update Failed" message... is there a way to install this update? this phone does not have the tmobile pink interface, just the normal one... :) thanks!!

Guest nicox45

I just copied the dload folder into sd card, then I use "Upgrade" option in the pulse menu, it says something about 30 seconds thing, but when I hit next or confirm button I just wait 5 seconds or less and there is an error message... I found a log in the dload folder:

**** SD download log ****

Failure: OEMSBL version unmatched.

Failure: operation did not succeed.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Thanks!

you could try the ra recovery image method, see pinned topic.

before you do the update you should do a nandroid backup using the recovery and it might be interesting if you could send your backup to modaco as it might b our first look at an uncustomised 8220 rom.

also could you post a link to your phone page for updates on your suppliers website?

before you do the update you should do a nandroid backup using the recovery and it might be interesting if you could send your backup to modaco as it might b our first look at an uncustomised 8220 rom.

also could you post a link to your phone page for updates on your suppliers website?

Do eiiiiiiiiitttttttt.

Guest Sengadog
Hi !! I got a pulse on my country (Chile), well, it's not actually a pulse, it is just a U8220... I've tried to install the december update but I just get a "Update Failed" message... is there a way to install this update? this phone does not have the tmobile pink interface, just the normal one... :) thanks!!

This official update is for the Tmobile branded Pulse (U8220) only so far as I am aware.

I'll do the recovery thing tomorrow, because I'm going to change this device for a new one (sound problem ;) )... anyway the provider website is www.clarochile.cl :)

As pointed out above, the dec update is actually for tmobile branded phones, you would be adding the branding of a different network to your phone. I would wait until an unbranded 8220 rom comes out (which you may have on your phone and could provide as a backup to base a customised rom on) otherwise you may have problems with the phones functions and returning it if needed.

Guest Shuflie

If you are going to do this then make two nandroid backups, the first for yourself then wipe/factory reset it to remove all your personal information such as contacts, email messages etc. and make a backup for sending. Would be really useful to have an uncustomised U8220 ROM to base the custom ROM off instead of hacking together the U8230 ROM and tmobile pulse.

If you are going to do this then make two nandroid backups, the first for yourself then wipe/factory reset it to remove all your personal information such as contacts, email messages etc. and make a backup for sending. Would be really useful to have an uncustomised U8220 ROM to base the custom ROM off instead of hacking together the U8230 ROM and tmobile pulse.

Possibly even one back up would be enough - I think I'm right in saying that the interesting bits that we'd need to roll a ROM based on U8220 would be in the boot and system partition, which don't contain any personal data (which is all contained in userdata, as far as I am aware).

Either way, a copy of your nandroid backup would be very useful, and could be instrumental in getting a new ROM flavour!

• 9 months later...
Guest hwejbej

Hello, I have Huawei U8220 directly from Huawei (i.e. it is not T-Mobile branded). I wanted to try to upgrade it to official 2.1 according to this guide.

While updating, I received the same error as mentioned in the first and then third post (when looking at the data in sdcard /dload/). The devices fails to boot, stops at the "ANDROID" logo, which is not animated (it used to be).

Now the bad part - I was hasty and made some mistakes when creating a recovery image (using Clockwork), so now I have none. Is there any way to load the original image? Looking at the guide, the downgrade to 1.5 mentions only an update file, which also fails to run (i.e. using Power + Red + Volume up).

Or another way - I don't care if I don't have the original ROM, I want running phone. Should I continue installing some of the mods?

Edited by hwejbej

• 6 months later...
Guest James Kei
Hello, I have Huawei U8220 directly from Huawei (i.e. it is not T-Mobile branded). I wanted to try to upgrade it to official 2.1 according to this guide.

While updating, I received the same error as mentioned in the first and then third post (when looking at the data in sdcard /dload/). The devices fails to boot, stops at the "ANDROID" logo, which is not animated (it used to be).

Now the bad part - I was hasty and made some mistakes when creating a recovery image (using Clockwork), so now I have none. Is there any way to load the original image? Looking at the guide, the downgrade to 1.5 mentions only an update file, which also fails to run (i.e. using Power + Red + Volume up).

Or another way - I don't care if I don't have the original ROM, I want running phone. Should I continue installing some of the mods?

I have same error, and able to use customize ROM update from CWM recovery method to upgrade to 2.2 / 2.3 CM6/7.

cheers

James