Flash on T-Mobile Pulse?

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest xangma
He could not determined it,even don't know the exactly date or month.

The confirm thing is Huawei has nearly finished it,maybe soon...

Oh well, thanks very much for letting us know anyway. Keep us updated =]

• 4 months later...
Guest Basher52

Just want to keep the fire burning:

HTC Desire got Flashplayer 8 (?) or something like this, but using Android 2.1.

I think tis the same story to HTC Hero and Flashplayer porting, but maybe this time we got more luck than before.

While iam not a coder ( just some soft java skills...) i would "spend" my pulse on testing flash stuff.

As we know, thinks like Sense oder Flash are intergrated deep inside the kernel, but maybe its more easier thanks to Eclair :(

So guys, let me know about whats going on...

Guest alpha232
Flash needs a better CPU than the pulse has.

Youtube app plays videos fine, that new browser that plays flash videos in a new window also works relatively well, considering it's a beta

Guest Epic-Emodude
Youtube app plays videos fine, that new browser that plays flash videos in a new window also works relatively well, considering it's a beta

What browser is that?

Guest Simon O

The Youtube application doesn't use flash, it streams the video files directly from youtube (not sure what format though.. probably H.264).

Skyfire cheats. It uses remote servers to convert the flash content into a video file which is then inserted into the web page. This means flash games don't work (so no Farmville for you).

The only option we have due to the CPU used in the Pulse is for somebody to try and port one of the open source Flash alternatives. There is a leaked version of Flash for 2.1 which works on some devices but fails on the Pulse due to the CPU not being supported.

Guest Basher52

I dont think that the CPU is to slow. Have a look at HTC Hero, same CPU, but flash lite and Sense UI (i think its nit good for cpu load).

For 10.1 maybe 550MHz are not anough, but even flash lite would be great. Even my old Nokia E51 with 369 could handle this...

• 1 month later...
Guest igor_anta

Toti you just bumped the topic or posted wrong? I'm asking cause i think there is a Flash Lite for the Pulse already, I'm not certain how good it is, but they got it working. Now just if you, flibble or Tom get the CPU to 725 Mhz we might have some use for this :lol: Cheers!

Guest Basher52

As SetCPU supports the Pulse, it shouldn be too hard to get even overclocking. With now availeble Kernelsource, i think its just a time question.

750 MHzshould be realisticly reachable...

As SetCPU supports the Pulse, it shouldn be too hard to get even overclocking. With now availeble Kernelsource, i think its just a time question.

750 MHzshould be realisticly reachable...

A certain large bear wants to add overclocking to the kernel :lol: