Want more customs roms? UPDATE: Ordered

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam

Ordered

I had some issues transferring the money from paypal to my bank account due to the fact it was denied by paypal. So im looking at ordering from a site outside of Sweden (where is live) e.g. superetrader.co.uk or clove.co.uk. And since those sites sells the liquid a bit more than I expected since its cheaper on swedish sites. So I need about 15-20 euros more to be able to order from those sites.

If u could help me out here so I can start the work I've prepered, donate to my fund so I can order asap.

Thanks in advance,

b

Edited by behnaam

The more the merrier ; -)

Donation from me to get the ball rolling.

P.S. As a previous htc hero user am very familiar with your roms.

Im currently a developer for HTC Hero at HTCPedia and are right now working on Hero 2.0.1 ROM (link). And Im also a member at MoDaCo chef team.

So I've been looking on the Acer Liquid for a while now and really see the potential it has for being developed on. And Im interested in moving over to developing for Liquid users too.

I do have the possibilities to get my hands on Acer leaks and hopefully also the kernel source (leaked) soon and therefore feel like its a perfect moment for me too start developing for this device.

What I am doing now is saving money (like Maxisma did) so I can get the Liquid and start the development and getting this ball rolling.

What I've planned for development on this phone:

- HTC Dragon port (The specs are same as the Liquid and I do have a dump)

- Android 2.1/2.0 for Liquid

- Custom kernel (eg. ramszwap support etc)

So if you feel like you want to see one more developer jumping on this train and making great progress for the community, please donate to my Acer Liquid fund:

http://tinyurl.com/devphonefund

Regards,

Behnaam

Edited by saquib

Guest behnaam
Quick question: what are the possibilities of getting htc sense running on the Liquid?

Pretty good actually since the HTC Dragon dump i got is based on donut and has the same kernel as the Liquid, it may not be fully functional at the beginning but I expect it too run pretty good actually. As mentioned I need the handset in my hands to be able to determine how I should develop for this phone and what roms runs the best on the Liquid.

Guest behnaam
ok just donated too!

Post when u donated and the amount and I'll add u to the thanks list :) thx guys

Only 220 euro needed and the fun can begin ;)

Thanks to all who have donated already B)

Edited by behnaam

I have a recovery image up and running, I just need Amon_RA to update the recovery binary for WVGA and the appropriate keys. It works tho (e.g. for nandroid via ADB).

P

Guest behnaam
I have a recovery image up and running, I just need Amon_RA to update the recovery binary for WVGA and the appropriate keys. It works tho (e.g. for nandroid via ADB).

P

Ok it was what I was working on right now, PM and I can help you with it.

Eagerly awaiting :)

P

Just saw your tweet regarding getting hold of a full Nexus image dump. Great news.

Can you start working on a port to the Liquid before you have one in your hands ?

Thanks!

Guys I've started the Liquid dev (without a device). First thing im working on will be a custom recovery.img

Follow progress at my twitter:

http://twitter.com/benocharm

Guest behnaam
Ok, done some small work on Nexus port, but its pretty hard without device, I'll just preper it for when I get the Liquid!

about 150 euros needed to be able to provide u guys some nice stuff, I got the full nexus one dump, the full dragon dump and maybe some more :) just a missing device to test everything on!

Edited by behnaam

Guest AcerDroid
OMG! Common guys chip in here this guy has the best in HTC Hero Android ROM!! http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448

I'll chip in when my dad go back home, let's follow this guy cmon :)

Sorry pal, I really wanted to donate but my dad won't, he said he will only after the ROMs are already produced which I found somewhat disappointing cuz I really want you to get the Liquid quick. However, please consider my "Superboot repacking HOWTO" a donation to you and this forum so you can get started as soon as you received Liquid. ;)

Guest behnaam
Sorry pal, I really wanted to donate but my dad won't, he said he will only after the ROMs are already produced which I found somewhat disappointing cuz I really want you to get the Liquid quick. However, please consider my "Superboot repacking HOWTO" a donation to you and this forum so you can get started as soon as you received Liquid. ;)

I understand, but great work with finding how to repack boot.img.

I need a brave soul out there that are willing to test a recovery.img im working on, anybody that can, PM me :)

Guest Ogglord

I also wanna now what kind of brave we're talking about. I'm brave enough if my nandroid-backup is guaranteed to work as a last resort :)

Edited by Ogglord

Guest behnaam
I also wanna now what kind of brave we're talking about. I'm brave enough if my nandroid-backup is guaranteed to work as a last resort :)

Its actually not a very risky thing, just want u too boot recovery.img using fastboot, no need for flashing or such.

Guest behnaam

Thx to SwedBear at Swedroid.se forum Im very close to start producing. Need about 70 € and I order the Liquid. And u will see some good stuff soon!

Edited by behnaam