Want more customs roms? UPDATE: Ordered

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam
No offence but I sure do hope you are better in making roms than shopping ;-)

Im not used to paypal actually, so thats why. And swedish eXpansys doesnt seem to have Paypal express checkout :/ so I just pay using card!

Guest SwedBear
Im not used to paypal actually, so thats why. And swedish eXpansys doesnt seem to have Paypal express checkout :/ so I just pay using card!

They are damn fast though. I ordered mine from Swedish Expansys at around 14.45 and got it before 10 am the following day :). I do live in Stockholm though so it is of course faster in the large cities but hopefully you get yours really soon ;).

/B

Guest behnaam
They are damn fast though. I ordered mine from Swedish Expansys at around 14.45 and got it before 10 am the following day :) . I do live in Stockholm though so it is of course faster in the large cities but hopefully you get yours really soon ;) .

/B

Live in Stockholm too, just waiting for fu*king paypal to process the transfer and I hope it doesnt take until the 10th as it said in the email I got on the transfer date. Seems strange that I will take longer than 2-3 days :S

Guest hdubli
Live in Stockholm too, just waiting for fu*king paypal to process the transfer and I hope it doesnt take until the 10th as it said in the email I got on the transfer date. Seems strange that I will take longer than 2-3 days :S

hope for speedy delivery to u and then ROMs..

it wud be nice also, if u can enlighten on kitchen kind of thing..so that people can get more and more ROMS..of course after the release of a stable ROM, am saying.. :)

PayPal advises how long the transfer takes BEFORE you confirm the withdrawal?

Still dont understand why you didnt just pay via PayPal. Very easy.

No offence but I sure do hope you are better in making roms than shopping ;-)

LOL .. exactly .. same goes for maxisma!

what are these guys doing? they are android coding gurus but they cant even buy stuff quickly on the www !?!?

Guest Ogglord
LOL .. exactly .. same goes for maxisma!

what are these guys doing? they are android coding gurus but they cant even buy stuff quickly on the www !?!?

LOL... what are you doing?... Complaining and nothing else..

Expansys doesnt take paypal, theres very few sites in sweden that import the liquid, none take paypal.

Thus you must transfer to the bank. maxisma on the other hand, he was underage and had gestapo parents, a whole other story.

Calm down

Guest behnaam
LOL... what are you doing?... Complaining and nothing else..

Expansys doesnt take paypal, theres very few sites in sweden that import the liquid, none take paypal.

Thus you must transfer to the bank. maxisma on the other hand, he was underage and had gestapo parents, a whole other story.

Calm down

Thanks for explaining.

Im at this point now:

- Money is sent by paypal

- Checked my transactions for a week now

- Called bank today and they said normally paypal transfers to their accounts take about ~2 weeks so next week on thursday or friday the money should be in my account

Why didnt u pay with paypal:

- eXpansys Sweden doesnt allow paypal payment due to currency rate changes (according to their customer service)

- Pixmania Sweden sells the liquid more expensive than eXpansys therefore not enough money.

- No other ways to get the liquid to Sweden that fits the money I got from ur donations, thats one thing that living in Sweden makes a bit of a pain.

And remember, everything I do is for you guys, so hang on a while and I'll provide u with some good stuff :)

Thanks for explaining.

Im at this point now:

- Money is sent by paypal

- Checked my transactions for a week now

- Called bank today and they said normally paypal transfers to their accounts take about ~2 weeks so next week on thursday or friday the money should be in my account

Why didnt u pay with paypal:

- eXpansys Sweden doesnt allow paypal payment due to currency rate changes (according to their customer service)

- Pixmania Sweden sells the liquid more expensive than eXpansys therefore not enough money.

- No other ways to get the liquid to Sweden that fits the money I got from ur donations, thats one thing that living in Sweden makes a bit of a pain.

And remember, everything I do is for you guys, so hang on a while and I'll provide u with some good stuff :)

I don't mind waiting. So far the stock Liquid is totally fine for now. I'm not putting a rom on before there is a rock steady 2.1 anyways B)

Guest pete.major

No problem, these things take time.

Hey benhaam, in your first post you mentioned this:

I do have the possibilities to get my hands on Acer leaks and hopefully also the kernel source soon and therefore feel like its a perfect moment for me too start developing for this device.

Have you had any luck scooping the kernel source for this? It doesn't really matter when you get your phone 'cause if you don't have the kernal source then you modding options are limited, is this true?

Guest behnaam
No problem, these things take time.

Hey benhaam, in your first post you mentioned this:

Have you had any luck scooping the kernel source for this? It doesn't really matter when you get your phone 'cause if you don't have the kernal source then you modding options are limited, is this true?

The answer I got from my contact is that he cant hand over the kernel source yet, acer has a pretty tight dev team and they probably wont leak the kernel source at the time speaking. Hopefully I get updated about this question soon.

Kernel do limit the development, but still doesnt stop me from developing for liquid and see all kernel patches as 'extra' things added to enhance the end user experience, things like ramzswap, squashfs support etc are some things that the kernel source is needed for. But when it comes to optimization the hardware in liquid is pretty strong and should be able to run heavier things than e.g. HTC Hero, Magic and Dream does. So thats a plus, but still enhancing the kernel helps alot.

Guest three_pineapples
The answer I got from my contact is that he cant hand over the kernel source yet, acer has a pretty tight dev team and they probably wont leak the kernel source at the time speaking. Hopefully I get updated about this question soon.

Kernel do limit the development, but still doesnt stop me from developing for liquid and see all kernel patches as 'extra' things added to enhance the end user experience, things like ramzswap, squashfs support etc are some things that the kernel source is needed for. But when it comes to optimization the hardware in liquid is pretty strong and should be able to run heavier things than e.g. HTC Hero, Magic and Dream does. So thats a plus, but still enhancing the kernel helps alot.

Aren't they legally required to release the kernel though?

Guest behnaam
Aren't they legally required to release the kernel though?

Yes, but there is a catch, they can release it when they are ready since there isnt a rule in GPLv2 that says that the kernel source needs to be released when the phone is. So they can drag out the time for the kernel source release :/

Guest Faithfullsdv
Yes, but there is a catch, they can release it when they are ready since there isnt a rule in GPLv2 that says that the kernel source needs to be released when the phone is. So they can drag out the time for the kernel source release :/

Why?

Guest behnaam
Why?

Hehe im not Acer developer lol, dont know but probably since they havent documented and prepared it for a developer outside acer to grab it and work with it. They need to make a kernel source package that makes sense for a kernel developer.

Guest behnaam

Update:

My withdrawl from paypal was denied due to a reason I dont know(?). Anyway if anybody could tell me a site which accepts paypal payment and has worldwide shippping, please post it here :)