Connection Problems with MoDaCo ROM:s

Guest Curium

Hi all!

I've tried to find a topic concerning this problem but didn't find any so here's my first post.

I'm having really annoying connection problems with the MoDaCo ROM:s. I've tried both v2.2 and v3.0. The connection problems come and go with out any noticeable pattern. The affected apps are Google Maps, the built in web browser and Market. All of them suddenly report connection problems and can't download any data. This only happens via the GSM network, not sure about WiFi.

However I've also installed Opera mini 5 beta 2, this thing works like like a charm any day :) Remember this is a Java app.

So I believe that the problem lies in the connection to the google acount in some way. After a minute or two of fiddling, the connection is restored and all seems to work fine. However the hick-ups are a pain in the a**.

Any one having the same problems or better yet a solution?

For clarification: I'm using a Hero from Sweden, Baseband v.63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26, Kernel v.2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.9 root@neutrino, Build number MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.0 Core, Software v.1.0.0.A6288

Really hope someone can help with this!

/Curium

• 4 weeks later...
Have you tried a different radio I had a problem similar where I kept loosing connection, updated radio may help, only a suggestion though.

I just assumed that the latest Radio was the one to use.

Anyway I wrote an e-mail til HTC support.

ME:

Some features/programs seem to stop working or don't work as expected when the device goes to 'sleep mode'/screen turns off. One example is the clock. If I set the alarm to wake me up in the morning, it never goes off at the set time. It is always at least a couple of minutes late, sometimes up to 30 minutes or more! Another problem is that the phone sometimes looses all data connection. Some of the programs that loose connectivity are: Maps, Web browser and Market. I don't know if it's the actual connection that's lost or if it's only the connection to the google account. After a couple of minutes the connection is restored and all works fine. I have talked to my SP (Tele2, Sweden) but they say that the problem isn't with them. I also got a new SIM card from them just to be safe.

HTC answer:

Dear customer,

This could be a driver conflict that is making the application not to work as it should when set in the sleep mode.The same can be in the data connection that goes off and then back again. You can try a hard reset to fix those issue( make sure to back up all your data before the master reset). If the problem continue after this then contact us on 46-850-55-6438 and we will give you further support.

Has anyone else seen any driver problems with the MoDaCo ROM:s ? I mean, there should be more people experiencing this if there was a problem right?