[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee
can we have an update on your progress? is something not working? how long will it take until 4.0 comes out?

Unfortunately, a huge problem lies in the core android framework. It's not possible to get full hardware support without HTC's libraries, yet HTC's libraries lie deep within their proprietary files- and are tied to sense. I'm experimenting with decompilation, but it looks like it'll take longer than expected, if possible at all. Sorry I couldn't bring more positive news :)

Andrew

Guest poults

Right, i have sorted the SMS problem, you need 2 APNs on your phone, one for the 3g and one for SMS. Here is the t-mobile one:

T-Mobile Internet Settings

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy: <Not Set>

Port: <Not Set>

Username: t-mobile

Password: ..

Server: <Not Set>

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002/

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MMS protocall: WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type: default

T-Mobile MMS Settings

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy: <Not Set>

Port: <Not Set>

Username: t-mobile

Password: <Not Set>

Server: <Not Set>

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002/

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MMS protocall: WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type: mms

Sorted my problem straight away when i added the second one for mms.

Guest poults

Iv been trying to use a new memory card in the phone but whenever i change it the phone wont boot up, it just sits on the screen that says android, also the phone does the same with the memory card out of it so it only boots with the original memory card. Any ideas?

Guest izmar

Has the trackball been fixed in 3.0.1? I see about two months ago the OP mentioned 3.1 but have yet to see an update... The trackball is really the only thing holding me back from this rom.

Guest AychTeeSee

Hi Everyone;

Unfortunately, I've run into some real life issues that have made it difficult to allocate time to developing this ROM. For now, if you want a fast vanilla 2.1 ROM with full hardware support, try out Vanillain (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656828). Hopefully I'll be able to work on this ROM in the future, but nprussel seems to have done a fine job removing the HTC bits from the Eris dump. Fortunately, HTC hasn't integrated sense into the core framework as much in their 2.1 ROM, making it easier to experience full vanilla.

Hope to be developing again soon,

Andrew :P

Edited by AychTeeSee

Guest izmar
the rom is really good... why do you need the trackball?
Uhm... Because it's an essential part of my phone? Especially for text editing.

Hope to see you back here soon AychTeeSee!

Guest masterpfa
Hi Everyone;

Unfortunately, I've run into some real life issues that have made it difficult to allocate time to developing this ROM. For now, if you want a fast vanilla 2.1 ROM with full hardware support, try out Vanillain (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656828). Hopefully I'll be able to work on this ROM in the future, but nprussel seems to have done a fine job removing the HTC bits from the Eris dump. Fortunately, HTC hasn't integrated sense into the core framework as much in their 2.1 ROM, making it easier to experience full vanilla.

Hope to be developing again soon,

Andrew :P

So sorry to hear that Andrew

Wishing all the best and Many thanks from us all for all you efforts in the past.

It's been a pleasure!

Hopefully see you here again sometime

Perrin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AychTeeSee
has anyone got swype working on this rom? it doesn't recognize the rom as a htc hero and tells me its an invalid device... it works on modaco...

You might need to replace the build.prop in the system directory of the ROM with MoDaCo's.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brilliantbenayoun

Hi Everyone,

Absolutely love this rom, its fantastic. I just have one small problem, I cant send smses! Im in Sweden on the Telenor network, with an HTC Hero. Any ideas what I can do?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tyson1231

i LOVE this rom!! Love the simplicity and pure vanilla android.

However, I was having a problem which forced me to switch back to the factory rom.

I am situated in Australia, and for some reason, my phone kept sending "International SMS" to somewhere and it had used $30aud of my credit in less than 1 day.

I found someone with similar problem to mine in forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1101283.ht ml, however I don't think the rom comes with 'myfave' app.

Funny thing is my phone started sending out International SMSes as soon as I switched on my phone after I first flashed it and it seems like they got sent out whenever I was using the GPS. I tried to switched off "GPS" from location setting, and deleted all APNs from my phone and it was still sending smses whenever I switched on my phone??

it's a shame I can't be using this rom. I figured AychTeeSee is busy (Hope all goes well for you mate, and thanks for the rom :rolleyes: ) but does anyone here know what I can do to fix this or have any idea why it is doing this?

Guest agne987

I've tried a few 2.1 roms but they all had some issues I didn't like. This rom is awsome and lightning fast almost no use for overclock widget. If the issue with headset toggle is fixed this is by far the best rom for hero.

Thanks for all your hard work.