[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest rico2k_uk

Think I have found one problem. My googleThink.Google calendar has about 10 calendars in it, but my phone only sees 4. No matter how many times I sync it, won't show anymore.

Guest masterpfa
Thanks everyone, I'll look into these problems.

MasterPFA- Odd about the lockscreen, as it's integrated in the Android framework. I'll attempt to reproduce your problem.

Also, can anyone be as kind as to tell me if there was any speed increase/decrease between 1.4 and 2.1?

Thanks!

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I may have a Hardware problem as I have noticed a lack of response on one or two apps, shame because if that is the case, back to my T-Mobile for the usual try to repair, cannot repair replace with a reconditioned unit.

Going to back everything up to my PC have a clean wipe & restart, will let you know.

I must agree your last ROM was very speedy as well as this, the sort of difference as driving at 100mph and 110mph

Both fast, difficult to tell the difference

(If the authorities are reading this the driving scenario was hypothetical!!! :) )

Great work see you on the other side!

B)

Guest luvgirl12345

i would love the option to include stock albums app and browser because of multitouch... maybe add an option in settings that enables it? that would be great and i would use this rom as my primary rom!

edit: could you add an option where you can pick where to go when you press the call button? like call log, dialer, or contacts??

edit: is apps2sd automatic like in modaco? or do i need to do something else than partition?

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest rico2k_uk
i would love the option to include stock albums app and browser because of multitouch... maybe add an option in settings that enables it? that would be great and i would use this rom as my primary rom!

edit: could you add an option where you can pick where to go when you press the call button? like call log, dialer, or contacts??

edit: is apps2sd automatic like in modaco? or do i need to do something else than partition?

1. Download Dolphin Browser.

2. no. Thats android app for you.

3. Its automatic if you have the partitioning done same as MCR as uses same backbone.

Guest luvgirl12345
1. Download Dolphin Browser.

2. no. Thats android app for you.

3. Its automatic if you have the partitioning done same as MCR as uses same backbone.

so you cant somehow install the stock albums app?

If you dont have a 5mp, then you dont have a hero phone.

ah my english is not the best, i meant to be able to use the 5MP in my hero, it actually only shoots photos with 3MP and i havent found an option to change it.

Guest luvgirl12345

i tryed edit:dolphin (lol sorry for confusion) and dont like it. arn't we trying to remove bloated software? :) would just like an option for sense browser and albums...

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest AychTeeSee
so you cant somehow install the stock albums app?

I've PMed Paul about membership in the Chef's team so I can use the kitchen, to no avail. Who knows though, I might whip up a PHP kitchen of my own on my home server if I have the time.

Andrew

Guest luvgirl12345
I've PMed Paul about membership in the Chef's team so I can use the kitchen, to no avail. Who knows though, I might whip up a PHP kitchen of my own on my home server if I have the time.

Andrew

so if you do that we can pick what apps etc to include?? even without adfree mebership? because i dont have a creditcard...

edit: i have the albums.apk but cannot install it...

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest hally83

Just gotta say this, I love this ROM, even though i've only been using it for a day.

I really thought i'd miss sense and go back to MCR as I like the eye candy, but I really don't. The speed is ridiculous! Sense must really slow things down.

Co-Pilot runs like ive never seen, under sense it would take a few seconds to respond to any button presses but it's instant on this.

Just done a task-killer and got 111mb free too.

Really, really well done mate :) I think it will take 2.1 for me to get back into sense, and even then I may consider a vanilla rom.

EDIT: Almost forgot, my only gripe is that the Phone keypad mode does not work. Any chance of getting this fixed? I hate qwerty B) Pretty please.

Edited by hally83

Guest luvgirl12345

i dunno if its just me but it seems like i have worse mobile internet connection is it just me or can someone else confirm this? it does work once in a while but im sitting in a black hole anyways so it could be that im only imagining it :)

Guest luvgirl12345
lol! good B)

ok lol :) then it must be the black hole :D first day with the rom going to test it a few days... already gave my complaints that i want the old album and browser app back B)

Guest luvgirl12345

wow i installed a few apps and like 2-3 (didn't notice more) just disapeared?? HELP they are installed but they dont show up and if i click open it says ... could not be launched (from market)!! dont know if its got to do with this rom or something else but its realy weird!!

Guest rico2k_uk
wow i installed a few apps and like 2-3 (didn't notice more) just disapeared?? HELP they are installed but they dont show up and if i click open it says ... could not be launched (from market)!! dont know if its got to do with this rom or something else but its realy weird!!

uninstall via market and reinstall. Sometimes android doesnt install correctly. Had this happen quite often. Had it done to me on pretty much every rom type.

Guest AychTeeSee

New rom news!

I've finally got CyanogenMod working on Hero, albeit feature-incomplete. It seemed remarkably faster than ANY ROM for hero that I've seen- maybe the bloat itself is integrated into the core files? I must look into this.

Andrew

New rom news!

I've finally got CyanogenMod working on Hero, albeit feature-incomplete. It seemed remarkably faster than ANY ROM for hero that I've seen- maybe the bloat itself is integrated into the core files? I must look into this.

Andrew

Sounds interesting... :)

Guest masterpfa
New rom news!

Andrew

I'm Listening!!!!!

Any chance of sharing????

:)