08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest navahoo
When I run the EPF21B superboot + himem I'm getting an error message when writing boot. Sending is OKAY, but writing says FAILED (remote: image update error) - but the stand alone superboot works fine!

please help!

same same here...

any solution yet?

Guest slydog4

Hi,

I'm having trouble with this... Not sure where I went wrong.

Unlocked (had oem lock)

Restarted to boot loader

$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh

sending 'boot' (2074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

Rebooted

Now my nexus one hangs everytime on SU Request. Eventually I get prompted to force close or wait, but it never works. I verified that I have ERE27.

Guest Wardski

My nexus one has an issue with large boot.img files. For the EPF21B install, it will install the Superboot (without himem) at 2080kb, but will not install the stock (2560kb) or the Superboot + with himem (2482kb)...

Is there anyway to make the boot.img file with superboot + himem smaller

Guest Amdathlonuk

Hmm...

I'm struggling to get this to work on my friends Nexus 1.

I rooted mine no problem.

However his just sits at 'sending boot ...2096k'.....

I have unlocked the bootloader and I have the unlocked padlock showing when rebooting.

Any ideas?

Guest Amdathlonuk

Hmm...

I'm struggling to get this to work on my friends Nexus 1.

I rooted mine no problem.

However his just sits at 'sending boot ...2096k'.....

I have unlocked the bootloader and I have the unlocked padlock showing when rebooting.

Any ideas?

Guest slydog4
Hi,

I'm having trouble with this... Not sure where I went wrong.

Unlocked (had oem lock)

Restarted to boot loader

$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh

sending 'boot' (2074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... OKAY

Rebooted

Now my nexus one hangs everytime on SU Request. Eventually I get prompted to force close or wait, but it never works. I verified that I have ERE27.

My problem was that I did not know to leave USB debug mode on.

Guest alexela

hi pipl!

i done all work, even added additional fonts

but i cannot get SU permissions. i use GScript lite, and it's just stops.

in Programs i see super user permissions, but when i open it there is nothing, only the black screen.

any suggestions?

thnx

p.s. as i can see i'm not alone with this problem.

Edited by alexela

Guest Steviedee

Hi everyone, read through all the posts and still in trouble.

I have been able to run fastboot, and my nexus one is UNLOCKED.

Now i have to superboot-but cannot find out the version i need because my N1 hangs at startup (i simply see the cross logo, and it dosn't boot into android)

I am having writing issues when trying to superboot. It gives me the error other people have been receiving where it says:

writing 'boot'... FAILED

I am running OSX- but can also use windows too if need be.

Any help would be appreciated as re flashing the rom is the only way my N1 will be usable. If anyone wants to skype with me, that would be cool too.

Thanks alot,

Steve

Guest brosenz

I am confused with the different Boot versions, when I got my AT&T Nexus One about 2 months ago is came with a Build Number EPE54B (Settings --> About Phone), later I unlocked the phone and installed different ROMs, yesterday I decided to go back to STOCK ROM in preparation to the Froyo 2.2 update, after the installation of the Stock ROM I noticed the Build Number is ERE27 now, what's the difference between them ?, what's the sequence ?, which one is the older one and the newer one, thanks

Guest Steviedee

i think my issue may be due to not having usb debugging turned on. Since i cannot get into the android OS anymore- there is no way of turning on this option.....

However-before my n1 decided to hang at the load screen, usb debugging was previously turned on to install other applications (as i used it for 1 month prior to it having an issue).

HOWEVER- since then- i have used the clear data option in the bootloader- so perhaps that reset all the options back to factory setting- effecting turning usb debugging off..

Sorry for the confusion..but thats just the situation im in!

All help welcome

Guest Steviedee

ERROR: could not clear input pipe; result -536870163< waiting for device >

sending 'recovery' (3550 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image update error)

getting those errors- it seems its not reading usb- however i was able to unlock the phone though usb...so im confused..

Guest rasfos

Does superboot disable OTA updates? I know that froyo will be pushed out soon to nexus owners and I am unsure if I have to reflash a stock rom. I used the himem version and am also concerned about the updated wifi driver. Does anyone have any insight into this situation?

Guest cezent

Paul's twitter update18m ago:

PaulOBrien Correction - FRF50 update zip (froyo) for patched recovery with no prerequisite (pre rooted) online shortly...

Guest Fooker

Hey guys,

Don't flame me - I am a total newb to all of this but I trying to figure out how to root my phone and checked the About Phone screen - I have ERE27. I am not sure if this "himem" is enabled or not. How do I check this? I don't want to download the wrong one!

Guest aiewolf
Hey guys,

Don't flame me - I am a total newb to all of this but I trying to figure out how to root my phone and checked the About Phone screen - I have ERE27. I am not sure if this "himem" is enabled or not. How do I check this? I don't want to download the wrong one!

You miss understand. It is not asking you if you have himen on your phone currently it is asking you if you would like to have himen on your phone. You choose wether you want it or not. I would do a search of the forum or google it to find out more about it.

Guest ludo218

I applied Superboot on FRF50, it works (can use Titanium Backup etc) but I can't remount with adb : remount failed: Operation not permitted. Any idea why ?

Guest Qiuness
I applied Superboot on FRF50, it works (can use Titanium Backup etc) but I can't remount with adb : remount failed: Operation not permitted. Any idea why ?

I just installed Superboot FR50, but cannot use Titanium Backup which i need :rolleyes:

I guess i`ll flash a desire rom :D

Guest jumans

Build Number EPE54B

Wanted to go to Froyo 2.2

Phone unlocked.Now tried to root phone. Followed instruction

1:Superboot for EPE54B with himem enabled - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f2ff5a15d5b3e61dc964dd421e23bf8f

2: - Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then press and hold the trackball to enter the bootloader

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

3: all good. Phone connected and said done done.

4: rebooted phone and went to about phone: all info the same Build Number EPE54B and when to titanium backup and said root access => failed

what did I do wrong?

Jumans