Xbox Live Games coming to a Windows Mobile Device near you

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro
thumb_30-Dec-2009_xbox-live1.png

Xbox LIVE involves a lot more than building software. It's about changing the way people have fun, interact and live. Help us create and deliver the most advanced online entertainment service on the planet. At Xbox LIVE, we're accelerating the trend towards connected, social interactive entertainment by designing incredibly rich, multi-platform game and community experiences. We're connecting players via the LIVE services on new devices beyond the console. We need a Principle Program Manager who can help drive the platform and bring Xbox LIVE enabled games to Windows Mobile. This person will focus specifically on what makes gaming experiences "LIVE Enabled" through aspects such as avatar integration, social interactions, and multi-screen experiences.

Microsoft are advertising for a Principal Program Manager for the "LIVE engagement" team. As you can see from the Job advert above Microsoft have a plan for Windows Mobile, and this is just a part of it!

It looks like Windows Mobile is shaping up for the future. Would such a feature attract you to Windows Mobile?
Personally I don't think it would attract me, as I'm not much of a gamer, but who knows what else is to come....

[Via MobileTechWorld and Microsoft]

Guest ScreamingFalcon

From what I remember from a breifing from my employer about the switch from MSN Premium to Windows Live: Xbox Live, Games for Windows Live, Zune Live, and everything else "Live" is part of Microsoft's "Live Everywhere" Initiative. As far as I can see, this is just another step towards completing that goal.

Guest agent.m

My names Agent.M and windows mobile 7 was my idea lol

Been talking about this for a while. microsoft have turned the xbox from being a pc in a box to a gaming console/media centre that is better that the more expensive and powerful ps3 . Microsoft need something to make wm7 stand out. It would work with me. having Avatars on phone. and being able to message friends on xbox live as if it was msn. maybe indie games working on mobile?? just ideas but some could work. Anything that uses microsoft points will make extra money if they integrate it into wm7.

this is a great idea, one that I wish to see get off the ground.

You know what guys .... maybe Microsoft will do something special with wm7 .... I really hope they do

Guest awarner (MVP)

It will be interesting to see but how much of this will really be Zune orientated rather than Windows Mobile.

Zune already has certain games available ported from the Xbox.

Guest thekevster

i own a ps3 and an xbox 360 so i'm not biased towards either of them. i would love to see xbox live on windows mobile since i plan to stick with winmo for quite a long time. i doubt there will ever be playstation network on winmo lol

Guest Syphon Filter

I'll believe it when I see it.

If the functionality is limited to taking your avatar with you and flicking through the marketplace then it will be a wasted opportunity. The issue MS have is that the Windows Mobile hardware platforms are too variable, how do developers make games (for arguments sake, XBox Live Arcade style games) for Windows Mobile when the hardware is so disperate and varied?

Guest agent.m
I'll believe it when I see it.

If the functionality is limited to taking your avatar with you and flicking through the marketplace then it will be a wasted opportunity. The issue MS have is that the Windows Mobile hardware platforms are too variable, how do developers make games (for arguments sake, XBox Live Arcade style games) for Windows Mobile when the hardware is so disperate and varied?

I think new win mo 7 devices will have specific spec.

Guest Tomchap

This would be great as alot of the games for iphone have various achievement networks for certain games, there is no standard. Xbox live games on a mobile phone would be excellent. Theres no reason for games especially xbox live games (either adapted to touch screens or phones with dpads on them) to be available on a decent spec mobile phone / pocket pc.

Its got to happen soon and at the moment the iPhone is running away with it all but if MS could whip this outta the bag and create a quality, zune hd like handset with alot of the xbox live facilities, streaming movies, showing your status on live, emailing contacting xbox live contacts and also playing games either single or multiplayer with friends that would be great.

MS has some catching up to do but has some possible ace cards up their sleeves, will they play them and in time?

Only time will tell! :) Hope so! ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.