N1 Battery Life?

Guest Chris Jenx

Guest Chris Jenx

Any thoughts?

I've heard rumor of 1400mAh batt which would make it 50mAh larger than the hero...

I get about 2 days use out of my hero if im in good signal area...

Just wondering if that larger screen (although amoled) and proccess would kick the batt life in the nuts.

Guest Chris Jenx

Well according to that 3rd Gear review he got 12 hours of heavy use before it died.

But that depends what you clarify as heavy use..

But To be honest if it lasts as long as my hero than thats fine with me. Compaired to my old HTC TyTN II the hero has miles of batt life.

Cheers,

Chris

Guest 3shirts

Isn't the Snapdragon designed to optimise battery life. Obviously it is still a faster processor but hopefully it's not as big a battery drain as a different 1Ghz processor might have been

Guest RastaCre

For me it lasts on average a couple of days with WiFi on most of the time and using it a lot more than I used to with the G1.

Also GPS and display seem not to drain the battery too much (ie with MyTracks or games).

I dont do long calls so I'm not sure how that influence the battery.

Compared to the G1 is a massive improvement.

Edited by RastaCre

Guest Rocky7
Hallo World,

How does it perform? Can it be compared to Acer Liquid? Thanks

Easy I would say based on my 1 day of owning it. Still in the honeymoon "LOOK AT MY HANDSET" period where I am using it all the time and it came off charge this morning at 07:00 and its now 16:00 and it has 40% left.

Guest kkiran
Easy I would say based on my 1 day of owning it. Still in the honeymoon "LOOK AT MY HANDSET" period where I am using it all the time and it came off charge this morning at 07:00 and its now 16:00 and it has 40% left.

A decent battery but thats about it. HTC Hero with modaco ROM performs better IMO. (I am using them aboth as we speak)!

Guest blackcoffee85

Higher speed CPU doesn't necessarily mean more power usage, as they get more energy efficient all the time. I don't know about the Snapdragon specifically. An AMOLED is definitely lower power than LCD though.

Guest Asim Aziz

ive only had it fo 2 days but overall Battery usage is a lot better than my liquid

i can go through a 12hr day with about 40% left compared to liquid which was left with less than 10 after 12hrs

similar usage on both (only had liquid for a weekor so)

now with nexus biggest battery hog seems to be display (77%) light use and a few calls during the day

Guest Zephyron

Ive heard reports about the N1 getting warm to the touch from charging or from usage, we should see if theres a pattern between the units getting warm and battery life.

My N1 gets warm to the touch from long use and from charging also and I got about 5 hours of extensive use which puts it to 30% (kept unlocking screen every 5 minutes to do something, used for 20 mins at a time). Last night from 100% left it idle til this morning, 9hr 30mins and it was at 40% or so.

Ive heard reports about the N1 getting warm to the touch from charging or from usage, we should see if theres a pattern between the units getting warm and battery life.

My N1 gets warm to the touch from long use and from charging also and I got about 5 hours of extensive use which puts it to 30% (kept unlocking screen every 5 minutes to do something, used for 20 mins at a time). Last night from 100% left it idle til this morning, 9hr 30mins and it was at 40% or so.

All devices with a battery gets warm if you use something that drains battery (or charging battery) fast (browser,gaming and so on) both my iphone and my nokia E71 gets very hot when pushing the battery / e71 as wireless router gets so hot I cannot even have it in my pocket :)

So this is normal.

Edited by bystro