Swype keyboard beta version released

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam

The creator of T9 just released a beta version of there new input method called Swype for androids with WVGA screen, like the Liquid :)

EDIT awarner Please do not post about unoffical releases, Swype have requested links to be removed.

Gives error messages about wrong resolution, then works. Does not appear.appear. to work in landscape.mode at all for me.

is anyone using the keyboard and tell us some experiences?

Guest three_pineapples
Gives error messages about wrong resolution, then works. Does not appear.appear. to work in landscape.mode at all for me.

I've been using it for just over a day now and have had same issues.

However i really like it as a keyboard. I'm getting pretty quick at entering words. You don't need to be very precise which is good, though if it picks a wrong word i haven't figured out how to remove it without backspacing every letter.

It also allows you to just hit individual keys like the normal keyboard if you need to.

Guest sss_ddk

iq

English only :)

actually it had a bunch of other languages such as french german spanish and a few others. it works great if you're writing plain english but for non dictionary words...well just like the t9.and tapping single letters is less efficient than normal keyboard. its fault tolerance is great.would work better with a stylus screen since often my fingers cover half the keyboard making finding the next letter difficult.but with a little getting used to... anyway I managed to write this using it.

Guest behnaam
( in italian language ) on my Milestone, it works well, instead on Liquid i get some errors and doesn't work in landscape mode.

Molto bene then :) So it probably supports other language, my fault, that it was only in English.

Guest sss_ddk
Yea probably

not really.after working through the online tutorial I discovered that you can maintain the top left button pressed to change language.

after sometime getting used to it this is probably the best application yet.

Guest Charlton22

There is a function to change language!

Wonderful keyboard very fast and accurate, and you don't have to be so accurate, but don't supports landscape mode, resolution error :)

Guest navygino
There is a function to change language!

Wonderful keyboard very fast and accurate, and you don't have to be so accurate, but don't supports landscape mode, resolution error ;)

Just tried on and cool.

It is "sometimes" not very accurate and keep getting me the word "duck" which is not the word I really wanted... :)

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by navygino

Guest Rocky7
Just tried on and cool.

It is "sometimes" not very accurate and keep getting me the word "duck" which is not the word I really wanted... ;)

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Just normally type in L-U-C-K-SPACE which I am sure is the word you wanted :) and next time SWYPE will predict LUCK.

Guest navygino
Just normally type in L-U-C-K-SPACE which I am sure is the word you wanted ;) and next time SWYPE will predict LUCK.

Thanks!!!!!!

Cool!!!!!! I get my Luck now!!! :)

Been using it since the 30th and just love it, really hate when I have to change keyboard to write in Norwegian, its just sooo fast and easy.

But I have the error pop up about the display resolution as well, and in some applications it just wont work at all.

Guest Rocky7
Been using it since the 30th and just love it, really hate when I have to change keyboard to write in Norwegian, its just sooo fast and easy.

But I have the error pop up about the display resolution as well, and in some applications it just wont work at all.

I guess the resolution is for the droid and the Acer is a little different vertically ... if this app were on the market I would buy it.

Guest black beard

Okay - no doubt a stupid question, but here goes;

I've installed the swype trial, under "settings" -> "Locale & Text" I have put a tick in the box next to "Swype", put in the settings I think are relevant, and gone thru the tutorial under "swype settings" (at which point I get the error about screen size).

However - after rebooting my phone, when I go to compose sms / email / updage FB status etc etc, I get the standard Android KB come up.

What step am I missing, how do I get swype to become default? I even unselected all options under "Android Keyboard" in the "Locale & Text" just incase, no luck.

My phone has the 1.001.05_AAP_CSL rom - which seems to have some stuff installed to handle asian characters (Acer Chewing IME and Acer Cangjie IME), would these be causing the problem - and if so, is it safe to "rm" them?