uk (midlands) 2g network - tmobile

Guest triplezoney

Guest triplezoney

I know this might be in the wrong place, but as I have a Pulse on tmobile...

Has anyone else had problems with the 2g network the past couple of days? I'm in the midlands & have had no signal for at least 2 days now! Anyone???! :)

Has anyone else had problems with the 2g network the past couple of days? I'm in the midlands & have had no signal for at least 2 days now! Anyone???! :)

I dont have a pulse (G1 myself!) but havent had any issues with 2g, this has been around Bristol, Gloucester, and Cheltenham.

Guest Sengadog

I'm Nottinghamshire and have had no problems. Make sure in settings on your phone that you haven't ticked the option 'USE 3G when available" as this disables your service. It's a known issue.

Guest le_lutin
I'm Nottinghamshire and have had no problems. Make sure in settings on your phone that you haven't ticked the option 'USE 3G when available" as this disables your service. It's a known issue.

What is the known issue?

I'm on O2. I have the "prefer umts (3g) network" switched on, but the phone then tells me that theres "no service" when I don't have 3g coverage (ie, it doesn't seem to automatically switch to 2g). When I search manually for networks in a no 3g area, it will successfully find the O2 2g network, but when I try to connect to it, it will tell me that my SIM doesn't support it(!!).

The SIM is about 3 or 4 years old, would that be the issue.

I am currently experiencing issues with bad battery life and I am wondering if there might also be a link to my issue above.

Guest joners
What is the known issue?

I'm on O2. I have the "prefer umts (3g) network" switched on, but the phone then tells me that theres "no service" when I don't have 3g coverage (ie, it doesn't seem to automatically switch to 2g). When I search manually for networks in a no 3g area, it will successfully find the O2 2g network, but when I try to connect to it, it will tell me that my SIM doesn't support it(!!).

The SIM is about 3 or 4 years old, would that be the issue.

I am currently experiencing issues with bad battery life and I am wondering if there might also be a link to my issue above.

Ahhh 02 are having issues with their data network, they have done since new year from what ive heard.

A mate of mine hasnt been able to use his iphone on anything by gprs for the past few days.

Guest le_lutin
Ahhh 02 are having issues with their data network, they have done since new year from what ive heard.

A mate of mine hasnt been able to use his iphone on anything by gprs for the past few days.

Well I can use 3g (when "prefer umts (3g) network" is selected) and I can use 2g (when "use only 2g networks" is selected), it's just that with "prefer umts (3g) network" is selected, it won't use a 2g network when a 3g one is not available.

It's sounds more like an issue with the phone than the network.