[ROMS][THEMES] NuROMS - i910 DC22 & CF03

Guest waremike32

Guest Rohelio

Dude - this has to be one of the *best* roms I've flashed to my Omnia 910 as of yet. I've tried a lot of the popular roms and did the m2d version this time around and LOVE IT! There are the normal kinks you mentioned and I'm seeing posted and I'm able to live / work-around those without much difficulty. The only thing that's absolutely killing me is the battery life. I can't go long without having to plug back in. I've tried to kill apps and make sure nothing is running (or minimal anyway)

Can someone please let me know if there's anything that can be done for the battery life? Thank you!

Guest brnlahaze
Install this and use it's setting to select it to use the WM6.5 lockscreen and it will also trigger the caller ID screen

Where are the settings? I installed the app, but don't see anything on how to actually use it.

Guest joehero

So I am having serious troubles with my text messages. I have 99 shoing in M2D on the Text Tab, but none are in my Inbox. Any way to fix that? I also cant click on a text message and have it open in the messaging application. Its like it isnt linked.

Anyone else having this issue?

Where are the settings? I installed the app, but don't see anything on how to actually use it.

The app installs an icon in settings > System

The selections are pretty clear and pretty much set defaults that work. Just make sure WM6.5 and incall lock are checked. Soft reset and call yourself from another phone.

It just runs in the background so nothing else to do once set.

Edited by NilsE

Guest nmayer79
Install this and use it's setting to select it to use the WM6.5 lockscreen and it will also trigger the caller ID screen

good looking out nilse, been looking for a good caller id w/ pics. hows the pic quality using this, had sub par results with some other programs

good looking out nilse, been looking for a good caller id w/ pics. hows the pic quality using this, had sub par results with some other programs

This program just makes sure the caller ID is triggered so the quality of the picture is dependent on the built in screen.

This one that waremike built in is pretty good

Waremike:Your ROM is great - am using it (Titanium only version) and it is smooth! Plus I like the new Outlook conversations and preview mode! However, the one thing I am finding is that the ROM doesn't seem to like other themes being installed. I tried installing a pure black theme (which worked fine on Storm's ROMs) but when I install it on your ROM it causes the theme to go crazy - scrolling leaves remains behind, and no matter what other theme you pick after that, it is never correct and the scrolling problem remains. Only way to recover is to hard reset.

I'm going to try installing your Red/Black theme and see if that works. The problem with that is that I don't like the blue background that appears in everything - especially in Spb Mobile Shell. I would much rather have a black background (which is why I was choosing the other black theme. Does anyone know how I can change the background to black? I do have SKTools so there has got to be a setting somewhere to do this. Thanks!

/Tom

Guest waremike32
Waremike:Your ROM is great - am using it (Titanium only version) and it is smooth! Plus I like the new Outlook conversations and preview mode! However, the one thing I am finding is that the ROM doesn't seem to like other themes being installed. I tried installing a pure black theme (which worked fine on Storm's ROMs) but when I install it on your ROM it causes the theme to go crazy - scrolling leaves remains behind, and no matter what other theme you pick after that, it is never correct and the scrolling problem remains. Only way to recover is to hard reset.

I'm going to try installing your Red/Black theme and see if that works. The problem with that is that I don't like the blue background that appears in everything - especially in Spb Mobile Shell. I would much rather have a black background (which is why I was choosing the other black theme. Does anyone know how I can change the background to black? I do have SKTools so there has got to be a setting somewhere to do this. Thanks!

/Tom

Post the cab or tsk and I'll test it. At one point, I was cooking in M.Carroll's latest pureblack and it worked fine. I removed it to save space. Usually if there is a blur in scrolling, it is due to a bad cpr. Strange, most theme cabs don't include a cpr.

Post the cab or tsk and I'll test it. At one point, I was cooking in M.Carroll's latest pureblack and it worked fine. I removed it to save space. Usually if there is a blur in scrolling, it is due to a bad cpr. Strange, most theme cabs don't include a cpr.

Ok, it might be tonight before I can do so since I am at work. However, I really like your Red/Black theme except for the blue background when in apps (like Spb MS or GoNews). Is there any way to manually change that blue background to black? Then I would just stick with your R/B theme....

/Chimp

Guest Rohelio
Dude - this has to be one of the *best* roms I've flashed to my Omnia 910 as of yet. I've tried a lot of the popular roms and did the m2d version this time around and LOVE IT! There are the normal kinks you mentioned and I'm seeing posted and I'm able to live / work-around those without much difficulty. The only thing that's absolutely killing me is the battery life. I can't go long without having to plug back in. I've tried to kill apps and make sure nothing is running (or minimal anyway)

Can someone please let me know if there's anything that can be done for the battery life? Thank you!

Anyone with the battery issue I described? I was hoping it was the battery and replaced it but still see erratic behavior with respect to the power indicator. It's not as bad as with the old battery but am still seeing power drop from 71% to 48% to 22% to 18% - reset and it pops back up to 58%. Strange. Anyway - is there an easy way to get the regular battery back? From what I can tell in other posts, it may be a problem with the percent thing. Also, for the record, the only thing I'm running on my Omnia is activesync and it's setup to push email. I don't get a ton of messages so it doesn't sync much. I know the weather updates every so often as well. I thought I remembered seeing a program that would report power consumption by program - has anyone heard of this and, if so, could you point me to it? Having to re-charge several times in a day is awful. (Bluetooth, wifi, etc. are off as well.)

Sorry for the rambling but please let me know if there is any advice. Thanks!

Guest Rohelio
So I am having serious troubles with my text messages. I have 99 shoing in M2D on the Text Tab, but none are in my Inbox. Any way to fix that? I also cant click on a text message and have it open in the messaging application. Its like it isnt linked.

Anyone else having this issue?

SMS works perfectly for me, as does MMS and email.

Guest Rohelio
Anyone with the battery issue I described? I was hoping it was the battery and replaced it but still see erratic behavior with respect to the power indicator. It's not as bad as with the old battery but am still seeing power drop from 71% to 48% to 22% to 18% - reset and it pops back up to 58%. Strange. Anyway - is there an easy way to get the regular battery back? From what I can tell in other posts, it may be a problem with the percent thing. Also, for the record, the only thing I'm running on my Omnia is activesync and it's setup to push email. I don't get a ton of messages so it doesn't sync much. I know the weather updates every so often as well. I thought I remembered seeing a program that would report power consumption by program - has anyone heard of this and, if so, could you point me to it? Having to re-charge several times in a day is awful. (Bluetooth, wifi, etc. are off as well.)

Sorry for the rambling but please let me know if there is any advice. Thanks!

One other problem I ran into was the GPS - wouldn't connect for some strange reason. Has worked with all previous roms I've flashed so am not sure why it didn't work this time around. I was trying to use it with google maps but could never locate a satellite. I ended-up changing the settings from Windows managed to COM8 / 57600 and it worked almost instantly. Also, I wish the version of YouTube included in the post-install apps file was the one that allowed you to save flash movies local and play local content. Is there another version of the cab floating around that would do this? I had the capability back with Adryn's rom. (Thanks!)

Guest waremike32

I can't explain your excessive battery drain. I get almost twice the battery life now than I did with the stock setup. I alternate between a stock battery and a 3rd party 1500mAH, it's the same for both.

The Percentage indicator is not perfectly accurate, but it should delay the low battery warnings you would be getting much quicker with the stock driver.

Guest Rohelio
I can't explain your excessive battery drain. I get almost twice the battery life now than I did with the stock setup. I alternate between a stock battery and a 3rd party 1500mAH, it's the same for both.

The Percentage indicator is not perfectly accurate, but it should delay the low battery warnings you would be getting much quicker with the stock driver.

Cool - should I install the stock driver then? If so, where would I find it? Thanks for all your help & again - nice work on this rom. It totally rocks!!!

Guest arirang

+1. this setup is a battery-sipper. in the past, highly-incremented gauges were the culprit--imagine constantly opening a refrigerator to check its temperature--but not on this setup.

Edited by arirang

Guest renee613
Is there any way to change the background on the lock screen without changing the background in M2D?

/Windows/lockeye.png (portrait)

/Windows/lockeyeL.png (landscape)

rename png image u want to use & use resco or total commander to overwrite old png

edit: nevermind, this method doesnt work with the M2D version of this ROM..sorry..

Edited by renee613

Guest dopeness

WM,

I love the amount of memory I have with this ROM. I was wondering if you could help me preserve it. I send a lot of .gifs and jpegs in my mms correspondence. I don't want to have to dump all of my picks/.gifs from my storage card into "my pictures" and "my video" (for the gifs) and burn up all that space. Do you, or anyone, know how I can map the "insert picture" and "insert video", respectively, in mms to my storage card locations where these images reside now?

Thanks in advance

Guest waremike32
WM,

I love the amount of memory I have with this ROM. I was wondering if you could help me preserve it. I send a lot of .gifs and jpegs in my mms correspondence. I don't want to have to dump all of my picks/.gifs from my storage card into "my pictures" and "my video" (for the gifs) and burn up all that space. Do you, or anyone, know how I can map the "insert picture" and "insert video", respectively, in mms to my storage card locations where these images reside now?

Thanks in advance

Just long press on a pic file in file explorer and hit send. You can also send MMS through HTC Album (maybe it's just email, I'm running stock 23518 right now for testing and I can't recall).

Edited by waremike32

Guest dopeness
Just long press on a pic file in file explorer and hit send. You can also send MMS through HTC Album (maybe it's just email, I'm running stock 23518 right now for testing and I can't recall).

thanks. I already do that. i construct the message first (usually) and then insert the picture. I just want to create the message, insert a pic and have the "insert picture" option mapped to my large picture file on my storage card without - wasting all the memory your ROM leaves on the device.

Guest .Ejekt

ROM works great! Just one thing... the weather on the home tab is set to the wrong city. Any way to fix it, or perhaps manually change the place?

ROM works great! Just one thing... the weather on the home tab is set to the wrong city. Any way to fix it, or perhaps manually change the place?

As long as you accepted the location request the first time it should be correct and change every time you change cities it should change on the next update. Try tapping the weather icon and make sure it is set to automatic and then do an update now and see if it corrects it.

Guest MrJohnnySpot

Hey all,

This is the first ROM I've flashed for my Omnia. My experience thus far as been great (FYI I put on the FloTanium build), but I used to tether and use my phone as a Wi-Fi Router for my netbook. I think the options are in this build but I'm not figuring out thus far how to enable all of that. Can anyone provide any advice on this?

Few notes otherwise:

1. There are times where my phone will go to sleep and I'm unable to wake it back up and/or if I am able to do that, it won't respond and I can't unlock it, thus requiring a battery pull in order to get it back on.

2. The battery gauge fluctuates but it's helpful when I'm not being pestered about a dying battery +1

3. I have to say that the Opera10 build I put on is quickly replacing SkyFire.

4. Since most of you have experience with flashing, what are some of your favorite other cabs to install?

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh and are there any other keyboard options out there, other than the MS skinned stock one included?

Edited by MrJohnnySpot