Droid custom update.zip

Guest AMFT

I recently bricked my new Motorola Droid. I have no warranty, and no assistance from Verizon (bad esn).

I need to create an update.zip to reinstall the system files that I messed up. The files are from the system/app folder.

I have created the update.zip with the install script and apks that need to be replaced. I included the SU to reroot if needed, where I'm hanging at is when I try to install it it says signature verification failed.

(I did sign it, using 'signapk')

I don't know why it's failing other than maybe I didn't sign it properly.

Can I get anyone else sign my .zip with a known working method?

Please?

Edited by AMFT

I have also signed using the jarsigner. I followed the directions perfectly from here.

http://developer.android.com/guide/publish...pp-signing.html

no clue why it wont work.

It still says sig verification failed, I double checked the sig and alignment.

still fails. the only update.zip that will install is the signed-voles 2.0.1 update. I even appended my file to the end and it still fails. but with a whole sig verification failed error.

PLEASE HELPPP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike187yo

if you do not have a custom recovery installed (SPRecovery) and you are just using the stock recovery than you will not be able to flash any update.zip that isnt singed by motorola. You may need to grab the original 2.01 update zip and modify that (which is what they did to be able to flash the superuser-update.zip to root the device originaly)

Guest Mike187yo

as a side note,

there is not alot of love for the droid/milestone on this forum (which is unfortunate because this is a very knowledgeble forum and i would love to see some droid developement/custom ROMS here) You may get more help at Alldroid.org

Give us time, Mike - Many posters here are Uk based and the Milestone is our handset. It was only available just before Christmas!!

There are lots of resources for the droid out and about but much more on the US based forums :)

Guest Mike187yo

I am sorry, I did not mean that in a harsh way, I just have not seen alot of big name sites/developer (modaco, XDA(yeah right, not gonna happen with XDA etc) embrace the droid/milestone. And now most of the big guys are just moving on to the N1. I am thankfull for the current resources we have of course. I also understand that most people here have the milestone so most likely if something comes from here it will be for milestone. (hopefully its easily ported to droid)

• 3 weeks later...
if you do not have a custom recovery installed (SPRecovery) and you are just using the stock recovery than you will not be able to flash any update.zip that isnt singed by motorola. You may need to grab the original 2.01 update zip and modify that (which is what they did to be able to flash the superuser-update.zip to root the device originaly)

I had been suffering through it recently. I had to create custom update.zip to revive my friend's halfway "bricked" DROID 2.0.1 after unsuccessful fonts upload. I ended up writing small C code that effectively hides virtually any small zip as a comment in official update. I had to install alternative su command, since the one that is widely distributed now crashes without user interface. If anybody interested I can upload zip with C source and exe to create custom update.zip for DROID 2.0.1 . Let me know.

Perhaps someone will find it useful when SirPsychoS Recovery Image is not installed and there is no access to GUI to approve su that requires confirmation through GUI. Attached zip contains source code and exe to patch original signed-voles-ESD56-from-ESD20.84263456.zip . su from http://www.magicandroidapps.com/su.zip that doesn't require confirmation is also included under ssu name.

I had been suffering through it recently. I had to create custom update.zip to revive my friend's halfway "bricked" DROID 2.0.1 after unsuccessful fonts upload. I ended up writing small C code that effectively hides virtually any small zip as a comment in official update. I had to install alternative su command, since the one that is widely distributed now crashes without user interface. If anybody interested I can upload zip with C source and exe to create custom update.zip for DROID 2.0.1 . Let me know.

update_maker.zip

The reason why your droid wont flash the .zip is because the droid reads Ui prints in the script, it does not read like g1 or magic or any other android device. The update.script fails if not imprinted correctly, on the droid the script is very very sensitive everything must be right and perfect.

Luckly there is help, here is an update.zip droid rom just flash this as you would, you must wipe and you must clear dalvik-cache

here is the link be safe: http://www.4shared.com/file/185649682/3ec81d80/update.html

Edited by Angio

That is not correct. It won't even try to execute update-script at all if signature verification failed. Also DROID doesn't care about 'Ui prints'. You can print out for debugging purpose any message if I get you correctly. It does care, however, about line endings. I completely forgot about Unix-style line endings first time.

The reason why your droid wont flash the .zip is because the droid reads Ui prints in the script, it does not read like g1 or magic or any other android device. The update.script fails if not imprinted correctly, on the droid the script is very very sensitive everything must be right and perfect.

Luckly there is help, here is an update.zip droid rom just flash this as you would, you must wipe and you must clear dalvik-cache

here is the link be safe: http://www.4shared.com/file/185649682/3ec81d80/update.html

Edited by mltmlt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Andreas V Dahl

HEy ..i have same problem as the guys on that topic had..my phone is blocked on MOTO logo :D i need the update to if you have it ..the link that u wrote there is not working anymore ..

thanks

I would recommend to figure out the problem why it is not loading. You are lucky if you enabled an option on device for development such that you can connect to device using adb. You should try to read log. `update` by itself will unlikely fix the problem unless you know exactly what you have ruined.

HEy ..i have same problem as the guys on that topic had..my phone is blocked on MOTO logo :( i need the update to if you have it ..the link that u wrote there is not working anymore ..

thanks