Upgraded to Vanilla ROM - I now have T Mobile or Bouygues branding

Guest scoobydoo99

Guest scoobydoo99

Started with more or less fresh T Mobile Pulse, only change was I installed the December T Mobile update.

Followed the instructions in the post for installing the Vanilla ROM and everything went well until the first boot up.

When it started there were no icons on my home screen and dragging in one of the other home screens caused an 'acore' error message and a forced shutdown of the home screens and icons. I found a fix on the same thread which was to do a wipe and a reboot - this sorted that problem but left me with the Bouygues branding. I found a further fix for this by resetting the locale and rebooting but this doesn't sort it for me. Today I've gone back into the recovery image, done another data wipe, downloaded and reinstalled the Vanilla ROM and rebooted but still I'm stuck with the french branding.

Looks like my options are to stick with the Bouygues ROM or reinstall the T Mobile ROM.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks

Guest starkos
Started with more or less fresh T Mobile Pulse, only change was I installed the December T Mobile update.

Followed the instructions in the post for installing the Vanilla ROM and everything went well until the first boot up.

When it started there were no icons on my home screen and dragging in one of the other home screens caused an 'acore' error message and a forced shutdown of the home screens and icons. I found a fix on the same thread which was to do a wipe and a reboot - this sorted that problem but left me with the Bouygues branding. I found a further fix for this by resetting the locale and rebooting but this doesn't sort it for me. Today I've gone back into the recovery image, done another data wipe, downloaded and reinstalled the Vanilla ROM and rebooted but still I'm stuck with the french branding.

Looks like my options are to stick with the Bouygues ROM or reinstall the T Mobile ROM.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks

Me again lol, when you say the Bouygues branding do you just mean the home screen wallpaper has Bouygues written on it as that's completely normal for this rom? Is the text in all the menus like settings etc in English or French now you have changed the locale to English and rebooted?

Guest Casper-vH

What branding do you mean? Is it just the wallpaper or more?

I also have vanilla ROM. I didnt notice much more branding than the wallpaper and some rintones, but they can both be changed easily...

Guest scoobydoo99
Me again lol, when you say the Bouygues branding do you just mean the home screen wallpaper has Bouygues written on it as that's completely normal for this rom?

Aha, I'd assumed the Vanilla ROM would be as it left the factory so I wasn't expecting to see Bouygues plastered all over the home screens - lol :)

Guess I'm sorted now then ;)

Anyway to get rid of the T Mobile splash screen when the phone starts up?

Thanks again.

Guest starkos
Aha, I'd assumed the Vanilla ROM would be as it left the factory so I wasn't expecting to see Bouygues plastered all over the home screens - lol :)

Guess I'm sorted now then ;)

Anyway to get rid of the T Mobile splash screen when the phone starts up?

Thanks again.

Haha, well hopefully now it really is all sorted B)

And as Casper said, unfortunately i don't think there is any way of getting rid of the T-mob splash..