Boot / Splash Screens

Guest Phil Brennan

Guest Phil Brennan

These Guys have a good set of instructions for the G1, including a nice little bootloader application, but of course it is for the G1 and not the Pulse, so it isn't a lot of good to me.

Has anyone done something similar here for the T-Mobile Pulse and would like to share their expertise?

Phil.

Guest xangma
These Guys have a good set of instructions for the G1, including a nice little bootloader application, but of course it is for the G1 and not the Pulse, so it isn't a lot of good to me.

Has anyone done something similar here for the T-Mobile Pulse and would like to share their expertise?

Phil.

Should be the same tbh. Will test.

Guest Phil Brennan
Should be the same tbh. Will test.

Their bootloader doesn't want to find my phone, but the modaco ones do (SuperBoot and RA-pulse-v1.5.2 flash over perfectly).

At least I got as far as making the .rgb525 file and renaming it to androidrooted01.rgb525 - at least that bit works.

Oh yeah, and I will attach the graphic for you guys to see. It's rather simple but then I am no graphic artist...

Phil.

post-630430-1262533708_thumb.jpg

Guest Phil Brennan
Turns out we don't have a splash partition =/

And that is where the problems come. Now where is the splash screen hidden on a T-Mobile Pulse? I bet the ROM guys would know the Answer to that and have us a work-around in short order... :)

I got a feeling that my first major hacking project will be how to put new boot screens onto a Pulse. Ah well, start with the relatively simple and work my way up...

Phil.

Guest xangma
And that is where the problems come. Now where is the splash screen hidden on a T-Mobile Pulse? I bet the ROM guys would know the Answer to that and have us a work-around in short order... :)

I got a feeling that my first major hacking project will be how to put new boot screens onto a Pulse. Ah well, start with the relatively simple and work my way up...

Phil.

I have a feeling it's in the misc.img.

Guest Phil Brennan
I have a feeling it's in the misc.img.

I have the entire source code for the December update so I will go and have a look-see and see what I can find.

@ Klutsh - nice one. Once we have figured out how to make a flash package for bootsplashes we will make one with that in...

Phil.

Guest Phil Brennan
There's one in bootloader that displays very briefly I believe, not 100% sure tho.

P

What is a good program to look through the contents of an img file? At the moment my Nero seems to want to play with any that I try to open.

I am on windows vista right now.

Phil.

Guest Phil Brennan

I am gonna have to migrate back to linux, aren't I?

*sighs*

ADDENDUM: 7Zip.exe can unpack IMG files, Folder2Iso.exe can pack them up again.

Phil.

Edited by Phil Brennan

Guest Phil Brennan

Nice work Klutsh - it's a shame that Pulse's do not have a flash partition for splash screens.

Could always get Paul to integrate them in with his next ROM updates though...

Phil.

Guest Daniel Williamson

Hi guys just wondering if you can change the boot/splash screen ? and any instructions.

Im new to this so please bare with me :)

Thanks

dan

• 1 year later...

My tools for editing the Splash

This is a beta version for Linux but it was helpful to recover and create my ANDROID splash screen.

Support format conversion between PNG, RAW, 565 and RLE.

Happy to share and hope you'll enjoy it too.

ADN_Splash_Converter_0.2.zip

Edited by U_Droid