laurie9300's i900 ULTRALITE ROM's

Guest Laurie9300

Guest bigfoune

hey laurie 9300 ..very good job .nice rom ..just one question! is it possible to remove wmp,internet explorer and games in your rom ? thx for your answer

Edited by bigfoune

Guest Laurie9300
hey laurie 9300 ..very good job .nice rom ..just one question! is it possible to remove wmp,internet explorer and games in your rom ? thx for your answer

Hi bigfoune, if you mean can you remove them after you flash then the answer is no. During cooking I'm pretty sure I can take out wmp, but I think removing ie breaks the internet connection for all programs. Also I have removed all the games from my ROM but I left the empty folder in the start menu.

If you want to get rid of the icon & you are comfortable editing the registry then delete [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Games]

Hope this helps

Guest bigfoune

I mean. is it possible for you to do a rom without wmp without internet explorer and no games? thx laurie 9300

Edited by bigfoune

Guest Laurie9300
I mean. is it possible for you to do a rom without wmp without internet explorer and no games? thx laurie 9300

I can't do a ROM without internet explorer. If you do then no programs can connect to the internet, even if you install another browser. There are no games in my ROM.

Guest adomolis

I dont want to be rude or anything, but in terms of overall design and appeal, these roms look bad. Don't throw everything you've got into one rom. Don't edit graphics if you dont know if it will look good. Try to stay as much conservative as possible - people will edit everything by their taste later on anyway.

Guest kebogila

hi laurie im gonna test your 23626UL ROM, btw do you know how to enable omnialite app as window default? for example volume and calendar? thx keep cooking :D :D

You've been cooking here since 4th of Jan and Ive never seen you. How the hell did you fly under the radar? Anyhow its good to see another chef! :D Its good to see that you cook to your own style and whoever likes your work can enjoy it and who doesn't can use someone else's.

Keep your own style alive and stick to your philosophy of keeping it light! its good to get a variety of different looking roms and plus wouldn't it be boring if everyone brought out the same looking stuff?

Keep up the good work! :D

Guest kebogila

hi laurie i just installed your ROM, so far so good. I like those cosmetic you used except for the one for file explorer, those icon make it harder to look? i suggest simpler one for easier and readable (because for those without resco explorer, file explorer is used alot?) also those loading bar? it would be better if it simpler, it just look out of place when not using black theme. now gonna put my SPB MS+Naong Msense and gonna report back

I dont want to be rude or anything, but in terms of overall design and appeal, these roms look bad. Don't throw everything you've got into one rom. Don't edit graphics if you dont know if it will look good. Try to stay as much conservative as possible - people will edit everything by their taste later on anyway.

i agree and disagree, i disagree that you should look as conserative as you can (its gonna be boring) but i agree you got too much graphic going on, try tone it done a little so it feel more united

:D

Edited by kebogila

Guest Laurie9300
hi laurie im gonna test your 23626UL ROM, btw do you know how to enable omnialite app as window default? for example volume and calendar? thx keep cooking :D :D

Thanks for your interest kebogila. I have not played with omnialite apps at all, sorry. I have most of the next lot of builds sorted already but after that I will look at changing the "black folder icons" ( I think that is what you are talking about). I have never really liked them either but they come with mcarrols pureblack theme that is installed. I have never liked the loading bar either and will look into changing that too. As far as "the look" is concerned, I cook what I think looks good. It is easy for people to customise to their own taste anyway..................... Thanks again.

Edited by Laurie9300

Guest Laurie9300
You've been cooking here since 4th of Jan and Ive never seen you. How the hell did you fly under the radar? Anyhow its good to see another chef! :D Its good to see that you cook to your own style and whoever likes your work can enjoy it and who doesn't can use someone else's.

Keep your own style alive and stick to your philosophy of keeping it light! its good to get a variety of different looking roms and plus wouldn't it be boring if everyone brought out the same looking stuff?

Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks for the kind words Sb, let me know what you think. More builds coming this weekend!

Guest Laurie9300
Congratz dude!!! I'll try ur rom soon.

Cheers!

Thanks Bruno, It would be great to have some feedback from an accomplished chef like yourself, Thanks for your interest.........

Great ROM mate! Fast and what an ultra lite ROM is (no titanium), great for SPB which is what you made it for! Love the graphics! where did you get the loading bar from? I want it!!!!

Overall good work!!!

Guest Laurie9300
Great ROM mate! Fast and what an ultra lite ROM is (no titanium), great for SPB which is what you made it for! Love the graphics! where did you get the loading bar from? I want it!!!!

Overall good work!!!

Thanks Again Sb. If you mean the startup animation, you already have it. It's in the windows folder named ani_poweron.gif. Or you can visit PallMall's section at OmniaRoms Here:- http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=1506.0

Guest Laurie9300
Nah I ment the loading gif when your installing a program, its like the one from vista and windows 7 except yours is in black. Has anyone got the original colors?

I think the colours change with the theme, mcarrol's pureblack theme changed the colour. Try changing to cassic blue and see what happens.

Guest Laurie9300
I think the colours change with the theme, mcarrol's pureblack theme changed the colour. Try changing to cassic blue and see what happens.

Sorry I was Wrong! The images for the wait cursor are in shellres.96.dll, so it is kradd's taskbar that is changing that. It also holds the black folder icons so I am going to have a go at changing it for my next ROMs

Guest rodrigo.cbg

Hi Laurie,

First congratulations for the iniciative to cook UL! I'm looking for some ROMs very striped and I think you are on the way! But I have just a question: why the storage/program memo is not shorter, as you don't put titanium there? Some roms with titanium achieve something like 60mb program free memory. It's just a question from a newbie

thx!

Guest Laurie9300
Hi Laurie,

First congratulations for the iniciative to cook UL! I'm looking for some ROMs very striped and I think you are on the way! But I have just a question: why the storage/program memo is not shorter, as you don't put titanium there? Some roms with titanium achieve something like 60mb program free memory. It's just a question from a newbie

thx!

Thanks rodrigo, I am still quite inexperienced at ROM cooking & still trying to strip more out of my ROM, however it is not easy & there are no guides

Guest Laurie9300
kinda slow ...not that responsive ...

increasing you page pool might improve the rom

Thanks for the suggestion g3n3ral, I am sorry you are dissappointed, but I am always trying to improve.

Edited by Laurie9300