laurie9300's i900 ULTRALITE ROM's

Guest Laurie9300

Guest rodrigo.cbg
Thanks rodrigo, I am still quite inexperienced at ROM cooking & still trying to strip more out of my ROM, however it is not easy & there are no guides

I dont know if it can help you , but Sinan made a grea job stripping out almost everything. I didn't tested yet, but mabe he can help you,

cheers!

Guest Laurie9300
I dont know if it can help you , but Sinan made a grea job stripping out almost everything. I didn't tested yet, but mabe he can help you,

cheers!

Thanks rodrigo, I will take any help I can get

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Laurie9300
Hi Laurie9300...

If you can, please add TV out back to last ROM.

Thank you very much.

I have made you a ".cab" which should re-install the TV Out Viewer. I cannot test as I don't have a cable, please let me know if it works

TV Out.cab

Guest Taolaoday
I have made you a ".cab" which should re-install the TV Out Viewer. I cannot test as I don't have a cable, please let me know if it works

TV Out.cab

Thanks soo much for the cab Laurie...its work

Guest Argyelus

Hi laurie9300

just flashed your rom. Fast, reliable.

1 critical issue till now:

-cannot set up connections, as there is no possibility to make any changes in Settings->Connections->Connections

Can you advise what to do?

Thanks and grat for your rom anyway!

Guest Laurie9300
1 critical issue till now:

-cannot set up connections, as there is no possibility to make any changes in Settings->Connections->Connections

Can you advise what to do?

Thanks for trying my ROM Argyelus, I'm sorry you are having problems. I think I have removed too much from this ROM, it is not possible to connect to a VPN, or share your internet connection with a PC. I removed these features primarily because I don't use them. Since I have decided to share my builds with the world I guess this is not practical. In future builds I am going to re-enable these features. Please keep checking this thread for new builds......thanks again for your interest.

Guest Argyelus
Thanks for trying my ROM Argyelus, I'm sorry you are having problems. I think I have removed too much from this ROM, it is not possible to connect to a VPN, or share your internet connection with a PC. I removed these features primarily because I don't use them. Since I have decided to share my builds with the world I guess this is not practical. In future builds I am going to re-enable these features. Please keep checking this thread for new builds......thanks again for your interest.

Hi Laurie9300,

thanks for your response!

For me the possibility of the st up of basic internet connection was missing.

But will come back later for new release. My favourite is the 231xx build, I would really appreciate for UL rom from this build!

Thanks and congratulation for your rom anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andrew.mazlim
Firstly, Thank you for visiting my thread!

I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions or criticisms you may have. I am cooking for my own use but I would also like to contribute, & would be thrilled if others enjoyed my ROM(s).

Secondly, Thanks to all the Master Chefs who pioneered ROM building for our Omnias:- Sector, Shokka9, Pako777, Wozza & many more.

Thirdly, Thanks to the new breed of Chefs at OmniaRoms.com who have helped me through the long process of learning to cook:- Nick for his working kitchen & waremike for SYS Updates & answering my many questions. You can visit at http://www.omniarom.com/

As an SPB Mobile Shell I user I wanted to have a ROM with NO Titanium & NO M2D. There are many Titanium & M2D ROMs out there to choose from.

I also use 3rd party apps for most things so I wanted to strip as much as possible. Hopefully my builds will get even lighter as they progress & I learn more.

Please read up on how to flash your phone before you proceed. Flashing is done entirely at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage

that may be caused!

23110.jpg

I would love to give a try with yours; I just don't like these firmwares' taskbars-layoute and large buttons. What's your future's plans?

Guest Laurie9300

Hi Andy, thanks for your interest in my ROM, I am sorry you find the theme not to your liking. It is fairly easy to change the "look" of any ROM, install a new theme, wallpaper, taskbar etc. If you need any help just ask.

I am due to make a newer build of my UltraLite ROM, maybe 23115 or 23563 (probably this weekend). I have been thinking about drastically changing the look this time around but it's deciding that is the hard part. If you have any requests or ideas please post them & I will give it a shot. If you have a wallpaper or taskbar or theme, post them & I will take a look. Maybe a red & white "England" theme eh???.......lol

Guest Laurie9300
Hello Laurie9300,

Does Google maps work on this ROM?

Google Maps is not included in this ROM. You can install it via cab & it should work.

Edited by Laurie9300

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi Andy, thanks for your interest in my ROM, I am sorry you find the theme not to your liking. It is fairly easy to change the "look" of any ROM, install a new theme, wallpaper, taskbar etc. If you need any help just ask.

I am due to make a newer build of my UltraLite ROM, maybe 23115 or 23563 (probably this weekend). I have been thinking about drastically changing the look this time around but it's deciding that is the hard part. If you have any requests or ideas please post them & I will give it a shot. If you have a wallpaper or taskbar or theme, post them & I will take a look. Maybe a red & white "England" theme eh???.......lol

No, no, no... You missed my point. Not talking about the THEME, but for THIS FIRMWARE's layout (large buttons in the lower taskbar)! Generally, I like delicated layouts and I hate HUGE buttons, round or not. That's all...

Guest Laurie9300
No, no, no... You missed my point. Not talking about the THEME, but for THIS FIRMWARE's layout (large buttons in the lower taskbar)! Generally, I like delicated layouts and I hate HUGE buttons, round or not. That's all...

If you are talkig about the old UI with the "Start Menu" at the top, I have no plans to cook any of these builds as I love the "finger friendliness" of WM6.5.3.

Guest andrew.mazlim
If you are talkig about the old UI with the "Start Menu" at the top, I have no plans to cook any of these builds as I love the "finger friendliness" of WM6.5.3.

Exactly, that I was talking about... Good idea.