Notification Queue: many duplicates?

Guest terrypin

Guest terrypin

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 running WM 6.1.

One of my utility programs, SK Tools, lets me examine the Notification Queue. I used to do this frequently with my old iPAQ 2210 when troubleshooting issues about alarms, reminders, etc. But today was the first time I've done so since buying the TP2 last summer.

I was surprised to find 195 entries, of which 150 were duplicates. Doesn't WM automatically manage this database? Surely the duplicates should not have to be removed by the user?

I deleted the duplicates using the facility in SK Tools. On immediately re-checking the queue after restart it has 45 entries, including 4 duplicates. Here's an example, showing what SK Tools displays:

Start if time changes

\\.\Notifications\NamedEvents\MSPPDUGateway_TimeChangeEvent

It's totally obscure to me but maybe someone here can explain what it is and why it should be immediately duplicated please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Guest terrypin

I posted simultaneously to several forums and it appears this is the same WM bug in WM 6.1 (and 6.5 and 5) that I had for years with WM 2003 on my iPAQ 2210. The only steps you can take is to periodically remove them with software like SK Tools or MemMaid (or possibly the ScaryBear utility I had on the 2210).

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK